SWAPPING 87 Teg D16a2(vacuum advance) to B16a(PR3, OBD0)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

salmaan_ali

Guys i've got a B16a(JDM Edt) with S1 tranny(manual) with a PR3(OBD0) ecu.
I have 87 Integra with D16a2(DOHC, Vacuum adv distributor, PG7 PreOBD)

after completing the swap i have to rewire it up myself to save money(as my buget is limited), most of the wires ffrom PG7 will go straight in PR3 (most sensors and Injtectors)..... i only have to wire Knocksensor, VTEC :). I'm looking fwd to use the same/previous wiring harness.

but i dont know how to wire B16 OBD0 distributor :cry:, B16a dist has seven wires :cry: <span style="color:#CC0000">(which include two white wires on is thick one is thin and ONE another THICK BLACK/Yellow wire..... which i dont know where they will go :cry: ) </span>

also my vacuum adv distributor has external coil and a seperate crank angle sensor :cry:, im totally confused to wire which wiere where? :cry:

if anyone can guide me asap then i would be able to start my dohc plezz help

sorry i dont have the pinouts on hand for the ECU. (im at work). But look up the distributor pinout and the ECU pinout and trace each of the m to the ECU, assuming you did not cut the plugs from the distributor. not sure if i can post the pics tonight but ill try.

check out http://www.g1teg.org/phpbb/. Thats the 1st gen club for integras 86-89. Theres a few guy with b16/b18 swaps there that should be able to help. However to point out being vacuum advanced timing you will need either the 88-89 engine harness or the b16 harness engine to ecu.

where are you from?

the 86-87's in the US came with brown tops, vacuum advanced timing, and were D16A1's

question...
why are you trying to use an OBD1 dizzy with a OBD0 ecu?

seperate crank angle sensor
an 86-87 with a CRANK angle sensor???
i don't think thats right...

you cannot use the OBD1 distributor with the OBD0 ECU

the sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft is the Cylinder Position Sensor, not crank angle sensor

Opssss!!! :$
that was a mistake :$ i mentioned ODB1 instead of OBD0 :$ sorry

G1teg.org wasnt much of a help :cry: ...... my old distributor has only two wires going out to the external coil
and a crank angle sensor mounted on exhust cam

ill wire(B16a dist connector which has two wires) Black/yellow wire + blue wire to the previous wiring which was going to the coil (simply by matching colors) that will be done. but there are five more wires comming out from the distributor clip (most of them are matched color to color with the PINs on the ECU) but there are two white wires....... one is a thick one and the otherone is a thinner one. i dont know where to wire those two white wires :cry: plez help

oK!!! yesterday i got a complete wiring diagram of B16a PR3 OBD0 90-91 integra. that was a great help .

Ok!!! one more quest . Where are those four wires(sensor mounted on Exhust cam in D16a) going to ecu (Which PINs?)???
Do i need to dissconnect all those four wires and completly rewire B16a Dizzy????

can anyone tell me where are the sensor located???? in B16a and D16a2???
1. Intake Airtemp sensor (mounted on the manifold???)
2. ECT Colant temp sensor???? (mounted below the dizzy, Single PIN)
3. PA Atmospheric Pressure sensor (No idea )
4. Pressure Regulator Cutoff Solenoid (mounted on firewall??? does D16a has it? how does it looks like?)
5. There are two FLRs in PR3 at A12/A14 and one in PG6 (vacuum) at A12. can i short these two wires????? A12/A14???
6. There are a few sensor in B16a at the rear end of the block. What are those? does anyone here has a digram which shows the sensors and their names???

sorry for being pain in the @$$$$$ but i need to get these things sorted out and ppl here arent that educated in car electronics.

Back