swapping a 93 civic d16 z 6 into a 89 civic hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks this stuff is should work really good right ( i mean powerful degreaser)
some other stuff like I bought from Napa or shucks auto store like -Gunk, heavy duty engine cleaner, doesn't even work that well, so I might ask you guys what you should recommend >
well thanks for it,
there's a wal-mart up here most northern city in alaska so they should have it I 'll go check it out

I'm curious to see your progress. By the way, how old are you my friend? Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

one more thing
-if I used the 89 tranny with that d16z engine, the vtec should kick in right yes or no? it's gonna be a while, just using that one for known until I get the d16z tranny fix or buy used...
-where is the wire for the vtec connect to?
-all those wiring should just clip on each other after Rywire conversions?
- the ecu should work just fine should just clip on to it after that ?
-should I used the 93 ecu?

yo man I think I 'm so ready to swap this thing into it, just need to send out my wire harness out
and wait for it to be return, other than that I 'm set
thanks for all your quys help, I could done without your guys help,
will be keep in touch.... later

oh yeah here's your answer, I pick, good and fast isn't cheap, I think I'm right on this....
so you have to spend more $$$$ to get the top performance.. that's sounds about right....
-vtec will kick in at the specific rpm the computer has set for.tranny doesnt matter
-rywire will help you with all the wiring issues
-everything will work after you get the conversion harness/vtec harness

and yes good-fast isnt cheap..goodluck post progress pix and stuff

yo man that's all good but, here's my other questions?
-the stock motor mount doesn't fit right do I have to order new motor mounts?
-the header won't fit the qap of the down frame doesn't even have enough rooms for it, and the
back down frame on the car doesn't even fit the d16 tranny it's squeeze tightly,
do I have to cut that frame or make adjustment to make it fit the header and the tranny?
-do I have convert the cable clutch into hydro if I plan to used the d16z tranny cause,
it has this brake line that connect to the tranny?
-can i take the whole unit from the 93 civic and convert to the 89 civic?

thanks again?

-the motor mounts should work fine ....
-try using the header from the other car? which one are you trying to use right now, it should work also IDK why it isn't
-you CAN convert your car to hydro clutch but it would be easier to just sell it/trade it for a d16a6 (88-91 civic/crx si) which is still a pretty aggressive tranny but has the cable clutch setup.
-You should be able to use it all your 93 civic stuff on your 89, but dont quote me on it.

-the motor mounts should work fine ....
-try using the header from the other car? which one are you trying to use right now, it should work also IDK why it isn't
-you CAN convert your car to hydro clutch but it would be easier to just sell it/trade it for a d16a6 (88-91 civic/crx si) which is still a pretty aggressive tranny but has the cable clutch setup.
-You should be able to use it all your 93 civic stuff on your 89, but dont quote me on it.
+1..i dont see why your having problems

sorry dudes, I just kinda confused, but I have put the motor in allready just need the wire harness, jumper harness, vtec harness, civic/crx si tranny, resistor box, fuel lines,and hoses, and then recogvirgerate the wires, then I 'm set to go, yet probably new motor mounts too, and then I 'm set to go. thanks guys again....

umm if you still need to do the tranny,new mounts,then you shouldnt have put the motor in,,so pull it back out and get everything ready to go

I am getting ready to do the same swap.91 hatch. I will start a new thread. Hate to be a thread jacker.

lol im doing the same swap dpfi to mpfi and mine is all ready mechanical wise, but the wiring is a pain in the ass if you ask me i have read and read some many diffrent write ups and im just confused on what EXACTLY i need. as of right now i know i need a injector resistor box and thats it and im still not sure if im going to use the ecu i bought with the motor or am i using my old regular ecu??? someone message me a private message or just tell me right here what to do in my case. thanks!

Back