swapping a d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92slowmobile

Greatest Member
I just purchased a d16z6 for my 92 civic hb, i currently have a d15b8. The motor i purchased by itself without the ecu, trans, axles or anything. Can i use the stock trans, axles, and ecu with the d16z6. Also, does the d16z6 pretty much just bolt right in or do modifications need to be made to the chassis? Thanks for the help guys

you should be able to use your axles and your trany but imo i would get an ex or si trany cause they have better gearing. you will also have to change your ecu to a p28 and get the engine wiring harness. its pretty much a direct bolt up but you will prob have to change the drivers side motor mount. and since its a 92 you shouldnt even have to run the vtec wires.

super easy it will drop right in and hook right up but you do need a p28 ecu, and like said above its a 92 modle so the vtec wires are already there no need to run new ones

Driver's mount should be ok.

Get an si/ex trans.

there prob is another site other then ebay to pick them up but id say just go to a local junkyard

haaooo..I will sell you my 5 speed ex tranny. PM me..

Attachments

• DSC04438.JPG
    DSC04438.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 143
Back