Swapping A F20c Into 5th Gen Prelude?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

monsoon03

Has Anyone ever heard of swapping an S2000 motor into a 5th gen prelude and converting it to rear wheel drive?

Nope! I am expecting it would be a total nightmare, but if you have the do rei me's then yeah, anything is possible with a little bit of benjamin's persuasion.

You're going to spend almost as much buying the engine, making a backwards-spinning engine work in a Prelude, and converting it to RWD, as you would just buying an S2000. Not to mention the months it will take figuring out how to do it, and then actually making it work.

Has Anyone ever heard of swapping an S2000 motor into a 5th gen prelude and converting it to rear wheel drive?
I am looking into doing this myself soon. If anyone has seen it done or has info please reply. I don't care about the money or time aspects of the projects. I started a software company that is about to make me a lot of money and with that one of the things I am doing is making my own garage and shop to work on and build a collection of my own dream cars like Jay Leno does.

I grew up in the 90's-2k's so a lot of them are JDM cars... R34 Skyline, 200sx, a few Z cars, Supra mk4, RX-7, 3000GT, and HONDAS!!! A lot of kids at my High Schools had parents that bought them Civics, and then there was the group that actually worked and bought their own cars, and worked on them ourselves. We had a couple Civic Si's, gen 4 preludes, Acura Integra's, plus a lot of other cool stuff like a couple E30 M3's (because it's when they were "cheap") and a lot of other stuff. We all had to have winter/"beater" cars too, and of course those needed to be modified as well since we loved speed!
Anyway, my point is that I grew up in a car scene that had a lot of variance. A lot of those guys had their mfg that they were diehard about (one of my best friends is a Chevy family and they have '69 Camaro SS (mom's) , 2001 Camaro z28 SS (Dad's, with mods), GMC Typhoon (his) , and a '70 Chevelle SS LS6 454 that his dad bought new and has kept since!!!), so I am not just JDM, but just amazing cars - and I grew up knowing that modding your car was all about personal style and taste, but also making it bad ass. So...

I am going to take a 5th gen Prelude and make it RWD with a 5 or 6 spd manual trans. However, I am going to have it look close to original - maybe like it's lowered just a bit on some nice 17's, and a little of my own style. I LOVE "sleepers" and always love when an unassuming car blows you away once you look a little closer - like a pretty woman that looks all proper, but when she lifts her skirt you get a peek at something dangerous! LOL!

I may just do a complete chassis overhaul like you see guys do on these custom Corvettes and take a 1st or 2nd gen body and have a 5-7th gen everything else, in fact, that is what I will likely do. I want this thing to be a track beast. So, if anyone has good ideas for this project, let me know.

Back