Swapping a JDM d15 v-tec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j_dizzy

Hi. I am going to buy a JDM d15 v-tec complete engine and going to put my BullFrog fullly built D16z6 head(comes with intake manifold, AEM fuel rail, BullFrog ECU, intake throttle.) and slap it on the JDM D15. I was wondering if there is anything special i need or any modifications when i do the swap? So far i think it's just taking out the old engine(D15 dx) and putting in the JDM with the head, then plug and play.

Originally posted by THEUSED@Dec 4 2004, 01:47 AM
Why not just put your d16z6 head on your dx motor
[post=426213]Quoted post[/post]​

Well the D15 dx engine is an underpower engine, plus then i have to route the v-tec oil line on the outside of the block to the head. The JDM D15 vtec engine comes with oil line already, plus the compression is higher and the tranny has LSD and better gearing than the USDM D15 dx. Do you know if i have to do anything with the wiring harness? i know that all 1992 civics come with a wiring harness already equipt with the v-tec line.

Does anyone here know anything about Dseries engines? Know more than me?

don't buy the engine for that
There is a plug on the block that you remove on the block under the head real easy, you take a screw thead it in half way and pull it out.
NO outside lines for sohc :)
Teh process is called mini-me.

man d is d but withg a dx you will need to wire it up for mnpfi
Sorry if im not typing great but it was pick up stash day totady

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 7 2004, 07:05 AM
withg a dx you will need to wire it up for mnpfi
[post=427479]Quoted post[/post]​

Not on 92+ they are all mpfi unless you get into the lesser japanese or european models.

i have a jdm d15 vtec.....

1st off swapping heads wont be a problem, i would buy arp head bolts and a new head gasket( i think a head gasket from a d16y8 would be better because it will rase the cr a bit)

2nd dont use the O2 off the new d15 because its 1 one wire o2 and i am almost sure your ecu needs a 4 wire, so use the one from your d15 unless its a d15b8(the d15b7 dx motor is a 4 wire o2 and the d15b8 cx 8valve motor is a one wire)

3rd a. you need to reuse your wire harness from your current d15 and pull three wires out of the new d15b vtec harness. add there wires to your old harness.
b. the three wires you need to pull are the oil pressure(blue) and ground(black) and vtec selenoid plug(green).

476056_100_full.jpg

these are the plugs you need to pull off the jdm harness. after you pull em put the usdm harness on you 15b vtec and then run the green and blue wire along with the main plug that on the passenger side. there is three plugs there the new wire goes on what would be the top you will notice there is three open pin hole with rubber plugs you need to pull two and the add the green and blue wire liek this
476056_103_full.jpg

4th after that drop the bitch in make sure tou add rad fuild and have everything pluged in and then your off

Back