swapping an integra tranny into my civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

raynaud

I was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction here, I was looking through a Sport Compact Car magazine the other night(the one with the 455 H.P. Civic on the cover), and I noticed this one 95 Civic like mine in there, I was reading the specs on it and the guy put a transmission from an Integra LS in there, can't quite remember the year the transmission was from, sorry. I did some looking around and reading and I think I wanna do something like that to my car, but I don't know what all goes into something like that... is it just pretty much what I'd call plug and play where I just put it in and I'm good to go? or would I need some special brackets and stuff or even something with the computer changed?
any information that anyone could give me would be very much appreciated, whether it be from personal experience or just a web site or something...
thanks

you need a B series engine to run a B series tranny

and the LS tranny really isnt good for anything but fuel economy... its gearing is WAY too long

a better choice would be a GSR, B16 or ITR tranny

but once again unless you have a B series engine you cant run a B series tranny

thanks for that bit of information, I'm really new to this so anything helps, now lets say I go with a B series engine, do I NEED B series transmission to go with it?

B series engine and tranny works together

D series engine and tranny works together

You cant interchange them...

this is not a slam at you trust me.. i dont believe in all that but do yourself a favor. put down the magazine and read though some articles here you'll learn more

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 19 2004, 01:32 AM

and the LS tranny really isnt good for anything but fuel economy... its gearing is WAY too long

[post=365079]Quoted post[/post]​

since were on the subject of an ls in a civic, i would like to know what is all needed to swap an obd2 b18b1 into a 93 civic ex coupe and convert from an auto to a manual. it's not your typical swap but i got the motor for cheap and it has seriously low miles(never had its first oil change or new belts). i havent got the slightest clue where else to research this better.

Originally posted by 93civicls+Jul 27 2004, 10:49 PM-->
@Jul 19 2004, 01:32 AM

[post=365079]Quoted post[/post]​

since were on the subject of an ls in a civic, i would like to know what is all needed to swap an obd2 b18b1 into a 93 civic ex coupe and convert from an auto to a manual. it's not your typical swap but i got the motor for cheap and it has seriously low miles(never had its first oil change or new belts). i havent got the slightest clue where else to research this better.
[post=369066]Quoted post[/post]​

start your own thread. Why? When people are searching for info in the future (like you I am sure have already done on this site) will be able to find it, instead of just randomly clicking on topics hoping that it will have the info they need.

Back