1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping B18B1 into EK Help

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by nsgtr88, Jan 17, 2011.

1. nsgtr88

nsgtr88 New Member

I got a hydrolocked D16Z6 in a 96 Civic EX. I'm taking the motor and trans out, and swapping it with a B18B1 motor with the GSR trans out of a 94 Civic EG(already swapped). What my question is. Can anybody with experience tell me anything I should know. I never swapped a honda before but it seems very easy. I understand that both motors are OBD1. I will be swapping the ecu and everything its just i dont know the little tricks about it(they all do). I couldnt find any videos showing a good breakdown. Right now any information is good information. What would I need To get this motor in and running?To me it seems that the driverside mount is horizontal and the B series is vertical, im not sure. Thanks.

2. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

You will need the drivers side mount out of a 98-00 integra, and a 0bd2-obd1 conversion harness

3. nsgtr88

nsgtr88 New Member

I think both engines are obd1. I'm not sure about the b18 cause I don't have it yet. But I heard my car had a b18 in it then. that was swapped out for the d16 and now I'm putting a b18 back into it. I'm sure the b18 came out of a integra 98. So it's obd2 But it's in a 94 eg so it should have the conversiion already so it should have the harness right? Driver side mount should be with it aswell unless the mount doesn't match up to a ek from a eg mount. O ya one thing that concerns me is the axels. There always a trick to getting them out. Lol I worked on fords before.

This is what is going on. I have a great 96 EK shell with a blown d16. I just picked up a 94 EG with a b18, the shell is terrible. I want to put the b18 in the EK.
    Everything should be there right? There is nothing I need... I don't want stall in the middle of this.lol

4. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

R94-01 integra or 99-00 civic Si drivers side mount
    B-series rear t bracket (integral or b series civic)
    Conversion harness (obd2-obd1)
    axels from 94-01 integra or b series car
    shift linkage from integra

To determine whether or not the engine is obd1, look at the valve cover. Obd2 will have a pct valve right on the top..obd1 will not.. also different style of valve covers.
    you'll also need to do a 3 to 2 wire conversion on the iacv and the ckf trick if its obd2

5. nsgtr88

nsgtr88 New Member

Would the axels from the 94 that has the b18 work on the 96 civic? I thought it would be interchangable.

6. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Yeah those will work if they were working in the eg

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted