swapping dash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. i bought me a black dash from a 95 civic ex for my 94 hatch to replace the blue one.. i was just wondering if anyone knew of or had a diagram that showed all the spots where the screws/bolts are... its hotter than hell here now and i dont have the time to be in a hot car removing a dash.. so i want this to go as smoothly as possible.. i dont want to be searching... any help is appreciated..

First you are going to want to remove the front seats(trust me make it alot easier), glove box, and lower center console. Then drop the steering column; which is held in by two nuts and two bolts. There are 6 bolts fastening the dash to the car:

Two on the left and the right side of the dashboard;lower corners and then on the far side of the dash(part not visable when doors are shut) these bolts are covered by little plastic pannels.

One underneath the top dash vent(the trapazoid shaped vent)

One behind the lower center console of the dash

You are also going to want to disconnect the wiring to the fuse pannel under the dash, power mirror control switch(if you have it), and unhook the heater control cable.

Hope this helps! I would upload a pic for ya but my computer is acting up. Also i would reccomend replacing the small bulbs in the climate control module before you put the new dash on, I didnt and half my lights were burnt out after i put my new dash on :mad:

Back