swapping for a h22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ernestoexpresso

my mom said she would pay for my h22a swap but i want me and my friends to do the work my im getting rid of me d15 motor because its giving me problems im driving a 95 civic dx sedan how hard is it to do the swap and am I going to see a significant difference in my acceleration and speed?? i also found the full swap on hmotorsonline.com for 1,799.00 is that a good price if it says the motor has about 35,000 miles on it heres the link for it http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30016 can you take a look and tell me if that everything i need also

Going from 100 horses to 200 in a small car? Yes, you'll see a big difference. You'll need everything on that page plus a mount kit (which they will include for an additional fee). Honestly though, if you haven't really worked on cars much an engine swap isn't where I would start. If your mom is paying for all this then why not have a shop put it in?

If you insist on trying it yourself then at least read up on it well and have someone who knows what the hell they're doing there to help...

also an h22 in a civic sedan is one of the more difficult swaps you could do.

a b18b or b16a would be easier choices, a little less power, but a lot more support from the aftermarket community.

you'll also want to budget for a custom downpipe, because some motors from HMO do not come with down pipes and even if it did, it wouldnt work on your sedan.

thats a lot for a swap. i would expect $700-$1200 or so.

where are you located? maybe someone on this forum could help you.

yeah id agree withe the other guys on this one. h22 is probably not a good swap for your first.

i'd say go with the b16 swap. i'm 17 and the first thing i did to my 93 dx sedan was a b16 swap and that was the first engine swap i'd ever done. i'd looked at the h22 but decided to go away from it because it a lot harder to put into the sedan eg chassis. imo id definitely go with the b16 swap even though it doesnt put out as much power but it is so much easier to put in if your a first timer, not to mention its been done tons of times so you can find out easily how to do it and what works best

Back