Swapping Gsr Block...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1kleanTeg

here's the problem, im getting a gsr short block, in the purpose of building a motor consists of b16a2 head gsr block. I just wanna know if all the fittings, hoses, plugs, connectors etc.. on the ls block are identical and useable for the new gsr block? can ac compressor, ps and alternators on b18b be used on b18c1? what are some of the things that ill have to modify?

Your question is not worded well. ENGLISH!!! Be more detailed. It sounds like you have an LS Vtec right now and your are changing the block with a GSR? Is this correct? That might help :(

well, my bad about the wording, it's just not that easy describing my problem, but ill try again. right now im having a b18b, and im getting a swap (not ls/vtec). I want to build up a motor using a gsr block and a b16 head. My problem is that im not sure all the hoses, plugs and other stuff connected to my current ls block will fit on the gsr block. I just wanna make sure my plan worth a try, or should i just get a b18c1 long block rather than going through all these sh*tz.. :p ...hope u get my explaination...

Got it! For the most part yes. what i mean by that is most of the hoses will connect right up. You might need a different upper radiator hose and misc smaller hoses for the difference in block/head ports. Nothing big. As far as wies harness, same applies(if your are planing on using your current wiring harness. Disreguard if the motor comes with an uncut harness and you use that). You might need to extend a few wires, reroute, etc. You are going to have to buy a different ECU that has vtec(I can't give you your options because I don't know what car this is going in. Which, brings up the question of which OBD you are running. That may mean a change of distributors/injectors, rewiring, or a conversion harness. P/S will hook back up. A/C might not at all or require the am aftermarket bracket. Hope this helps.

keep it the same obd, and you are good.

you will need to wire in a knock sensor depdnding on the computer you use, as the LS isn't wired for one

Back