1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swapping my vxi

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by richie_vei, Dec 20, 2002.

1. richie_vei

richie_vei Member

i have a mate who wants to put the engine im taking outta my car in to his 1.3 civic will this be easy as me putting a b16a in mine he we/need all the help we can get on this jubject so please help

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

what year is the 1.3 civic. If it is a 92-95 it would be no problem (yours is a 92-95 right) It would basicly be a bolt up swap.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

That's funny because that is exactly what I did.As long as it is a 92-95 it is,and then they will have a vtec yippeee!!!

4. richie_vei

richie_vei Member

its same year as mine what about the wiring i think his is a carberettuer (i know its spelt wrong) he thinks its going to be hard so i said i would check it out for him cause i dont know jack

5. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

i dont think that any 5th gens came with carbs, some one correct me if i am wrong. You will have to change the wiring for the o2 sensor and also run a few wires for vtec. He also needs your ecu

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I've seen a carbed 5th gen here.It was the 1.3 but it may have been swapped in,it didn't look right.It is also the only one I've seen from that gen.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted