swapping out my radiator and thermostat today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
soo.. my radiator is shot.. is the stock one that came with the 94 vx.. i got myself a Koyo which appears to be thicker.. i know its pretty easy to change it, but just wondering if anyone has any pointers to make it easier.. i am also going to be changing my thermostat, i've never changed one before, so any pointers on that too will help..

just curious .. when refilling the coolant .. do i need to fill it and then let the car run and then fill some more so it circulates through the motor??

pointers, drain it first. disconnect the bottom hose after you pull the drain plug. it will drip some more. and yes, fill it up, run it to normal engine temp, then add more coolant.

what about the thermostat?? on a difficulty meter how hard would this measure 1-10.. 10 being the hardest..

about a 2. it's really easy. just take a mental note of which way it's facing. it just pops out and you put the new one in. my step mom's retarded ass even did one in her car.

its fairly easy, only requires standard tools, nothing special.

you got a good radiator, i have one, does great.

good luck
~Ryan

ok.. i got it all changed out... now i'm getting code 41.. primary oxygen sensor.. i didnt mess with this so how am i throwing this code now...

i'm thinking when i changed the thermostat the coolant that was in there spilled on the O2 sensor but i dont know.. anyone have any ideas..

i figured it out.. when i was changing the thermostat i started to unplug things.. well i guess the O2 was one of them and i forgot to plug it back in.. i'm all good now.. no CEL

eg6sir said:
i figured it out.. when i was changing the thermostat i started to unplug things.. well i guess the O2 was one of them and i forgot to plug it back in.. i'm all good now.. no CEL

good job buddy....:lol:

Back