swapping rookie

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so will every 92-95 pruude have a h22a stock?
*prelude*

can u put a turbocharger with a nos kit? would it cause an problems?

some have h23a's dohc non vtec... kinda like the LS equiv to the b-series line...

h22's in civic, IMO are for drag only. The axel angle is bad, resulting in tons of snapped axels. its a tight fit. you need a mount kit. putting a 2000 motor of any kind rsults on obd2 to obd 1 conversion for your civic. i recommend 94-95 for motor years from any choice- keeps it legal in most states, and the same obd which makes wiring 100% easier.

I would recommend a b-series over an h any day, unless you are building an all out drag car.

read this: https://hondaswap.com/swap/viewer.php?id=44

with a turbo, you won't need nitrous, esp on an h22 if thats what you decide to go with.

40 mph, 4th gear, 1/2 throttle- and you bake em.
don't beleive me? ask wildbillhatchbac
12 psi LS drag kit, otherwise bone stock.

:eek: he got it in there????? i saw him tonight ... damn i wish i stopped :bash:

AGAIN THANX FOR ALL THE HELP: E SOLSI, PISSEDOFFSOL,Smonkeyboy AND EVERYONE ELSE.

SO A B18A HAS 189HP<===========VERY NICE!

HOW MUCH AM I LOOKING AT? WOULD IT BE EASIER TO INSTALL.

WHATSTHE DIFFERENCE?

*B18A DOHC VTEC 92-95 JDM Civic Si-R 2 180hp Engine*

*B18A DOHC VTEC 92-95 JDM Civic Si-R 2 180hp Engine and 5-Speed Cable Tranny*

A CABLE? ONE FOR AUTO AND ONE FOR A REAL MANS CAR(STICK)?

ummm the B18A is a 2nd gen integra LS motor ... 130 - 140 hp... the civic SiR had either 160 or 170 depending on the year

go here

or.... you can find a sohc vtec for under 500 bucks, do a decent rebuild, slap a turbo, supercharger, or bottle feed it, tune the crap out of it and turn 13's or even 12's. speed costs money. yes you have 4 or 5 g's for your swap, but once you do it, do you have the money to maintain it? think real hard, decide on something and make your decision- remember it's your hard earned money. peace

well if you dont beat on the car it safe and have the proper engine management

Back