swaps done, questions now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ripperbone

angry bear
Rest In Peace
So my b16 swap is now done and I have a few questions.

1. I am using place racing motor mounts but when the car is running, man it rattles the whole car. I know that the mounts are a harder mount, but does any one make a good mount to make the car not rattle so much, or do I just stick with the mounts I got? I want a strong mount but kinda dislike the rattling

2. I am using the intake manifold that came with my b16a3, but then I got the car it didnt have the vacuum line hooked up to the throtle body. do I need that hooked up, its not throwing any codes and not surging at all?

3. I am using aem cam gears, and they are rubbing on the inner plastic on the block, so should that be happening?

other than that so far, I am glad I did the swap and am looking foward to boosting it.

the rattling will soften up a little after you put some miles on the new mounts.

the vac line to the T-body goes to your evap canister

i dont have cam gears so i cant help you there,
but i would figure rubbing = bad

makes sure they're installed ok and then, if necessary clearence the valve cover a skosh-

Not sure if it's a common problem or not

My b16a in my crx with hasport mounts rattles like a bitch. I havent drove it yet cause I just got it done a week ago and had to send the dizzy back to hmotors. But with the mounts and straight header it shook the whole car, the change in the compartments were rattling loud, hope it softens up too.

I worked on my car on friday and hooked up a hose to the t-body and I looked at the cam gears, the cam gears are rubbing on the plastic on the block and it doesnt have the cover on it so the inner plastic is loose and I am going to have to take it out, or try to find a cover to hold it into place. the rattling of the car seams to be going away, or I might just be getting use to it, have see in another week

Back