swaps?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joesbadcrx

Ya i would like to put my d16a1 motor in but im haveing big trouble with it.What should i do?Should i sell the d16a1 and for how much?And if i can put the motor in my 90 crx hf what do i have to do?thanks i really ned some help on this.

sell the D16(dont know how much they go for, usually depends on condition) then get a B series. They make way more parts for B series and the power potential is greater than single cams.

d16a1 DOHC?????? If its a d series then its not Dohc, Its SOHC. But anyways, Go for a b18a1, Cheap, Easy to find, Best potential for LOTS of power. Do you though.

its a d16a1 dohc from a 88 acura integra.People from were i am tell me that i should bolt right in but i looked at the mounts some dont match.so i dont know if i should sell it or just put it in.But i dont know how i would get it to fit.So if anyone could help me with this i would be reall thankful.Thanks.

b16a1 is nice too...not too expensive...just some wiring issues since your platform is a HF but not something a million people havent done already.

But how much do u think i should sell my d16a1 dohc for thats my biggest problem?

what color is the valve cover? if it is a brownish/olive color. then IT WILL NOT bolt into the 88-91 crx/civics!!!

and YES there is a DOHC D-series engine!! the DOHC ZC from japan/europe and i'm not sure where else!!

on the pricing of the D16a1. well if it is the brown top. then the only people that would want it would be that year integra's and 1st gen crx's. and they go for around $200-$350 depending on condition and location!!

the d16 dohc is not worth too much unless someone needs it for an integra stock replacement...

not really a big market for them, so you will have trouble finding someone who will want to buy it for any price...

i have read a couple people trying to do the d16a1 into a 88-91 civic but as far as i know it has never been completed
i personally do not think it will bolt in, but if you get it to work please let me know details...

i believe you are correct as you stated that the mounts are completely diffrent...

you can try searching on this site for the people that were attempting it and see if they posted any more updates...

the 86-89 d16a1 will however bolt into a 1st gen crx....
the 88 and 89 d16's would need the vacuum advanced distributor off an 86 or 87 as well as the 86 or 87 ecu... but the 88 and 89 have 118 horsepower, a 5 hp increase over the 86 or 87

so i would advise that you try and find someone with a first gen crx that wants/needs a swap, or else try and sell it to someone that needs a stock replacement for an integra...

then if you feel adventourous(sp) you can try do a b18 swap, or go with a simplier SI swap for less money... all depends on what you want to use the car for and how much power you want...

EDIT: The WORLD is yours... can you give me a source for the implication that a 88 or 89 black top d16 will bolt into a 88-91 civic? very curious about that swap...

and DOHC D's =
86-87 integra @ 113hp
88-89 integra @ 118hp and
DOHC ZC @ 140 hp

I have the whole motor in trans and everything i running the d16a1 dohc with the hf tranny. All i did was chang the flywheel anit will go right on.But my biggest problem is the starter it will not connect.It will just wine. So if any one know what i should do please help.Thanks

I would go with a d16a6. There are just as many parts for that motor as there are for the b series. It's cheap and reliable. Well unless you run like 200 hp on the stock internals....

B series is nice if you have the money. Stock hp is nice and it's very easily modified too. Just depends on what you want out of your car.

ok can some please tell me how much would a d16a6 run me.And couldnt i put my d16a1 head on it to.thanks

i have a d16a1 in an hf and yes it has dualcams it makes 118 hp of baseline good tourqe and speed good if ur going to make the change go with the si tranny youll need the w/harness ther driver side mount and distributor ecu a must if you dont want any probs also makes a good turbo project

ok koo,but what wire harnes and what mounts do i have to have off what car?i look foward to your reply.

ok man, this is SIMPLE the early intgra "zc" d16 motors DO NOT work in your car. I do beleive this is what you have unfortunately. I have a very nice running D16a8 ZC motor in a 91 civic hb and it pulls high14's with very minor additions. It's a very cheap and reliable swap. Most people, including myself, agree this is one of the easiest swaps around. These motors can be bought and shipped usually for less than $1000 and your stock d series mounts ,alough most are probably weak and will need replaced, will work just fine. There are just as much parts for the d block motor as there are for the b block motors. Don't let that discourage you. If you have questions email me at
RobSpeed005@aol.com and put ZCSWAP as the topic

Rob
Primetimeimports

Back