sway bar madness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

o k this is not a question I am just so shocked I have to preach OK I have jic suspension with front and rear strut tower braces oem front sway bar 26mm?
and a rear tie bar for the last three years an aftermarket rear sway bar has been on my list of necessities but just never got around to it this kit I got made me lose the tie bar but takes over that dutie any way. The handling difference was amazing I also have 18s with sticky tires I used to take this one clover leaf at around 50 mph and scence I replaced my rear sway with the new one im easely taking it at 65 mph whooo yeah! I recommend not procrastinating like me.oh yeah I have an 00 si. easy install too didnt hit my fire ball exhaust eaither. :blink:

wow that was one big statement with like 3 periods in the whole thing. Also, the front sway is not that big. Only on the type R's

Does quality matter in sway,tie bars? I see some 20dollar tie bars on ebay and wondering if they would do the same trick at the 200dollar dc-sport ones?

-seriot

quality matters on all parts

the cheap ones flex too much and dont help at all
they also fit rather poorly

Tie bars are not the same thing as sway bars. Also, DC sport ones blow. They flex like crazy. Go to teamintegra.net go to there articles and under "Projects" there is a DIY tie bar that works great.

does anyone have a listing of specs on OEM sway bars? I know a guy that has a GSR rear bar with the mounts/bushings/endlinks/LCA's/etc and he only wants like $75 for the whole deal. I was figuring the GSR had to be at least somewhat close to the Type-R and better than the nothing thats currently on the rear of my civic...
Anyhow if anyone has any specs I'm curious to know the difference between the rear bars on a civic EX sedan ('92+), Integra GSR, Type-R, Euro/Malaysian/JDM models, etc.

Thanx B)

i believe del sol vtec, si, civic ex, teg ls, gs, gsr all have the same 14mm sway bar. the itr is 22mm (usdm) and 23mm (jdm) (if i remember correctly.)

Back