sway bars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so i was thinking on buying a sway bar kit for my rex......it has 90 integra front and back disk brakes.....

my delema is this

could i use the OEM teg sway bars on the rex? any fabrication required? i have them but no bushings or brackets

if i buy the kit, do i buy it for a crx si model or do i buy the teg model? and what would be the best company to buy from.... i like eibach but progress seems good too

i already installed the 4 strut bars but the car seems loose in the corners....and under heavy braking the car steers/jumps to the left by itself.....

any input is apreciated

i ride on tokico blues an h&r sport springs

i guess loose is not the best word..... but what do you mean....i want the car to stick to the ground better at all times....will the sway bar kit help?

Nope i dont think sways are your answer- i think you need some sub-frame support - and some tie bars etc - sways arnt going to help you stick to the road

they allow you to not PUSH or understeer so much-- thus, inducing over steer. and it sounds like you already have too much oversteer.

if your ass end is tail happy, you have a fast car :p

but if your concerned that you can't control it, tighten up the front shocks, loosen the rear shocks, and get some better tires on the car.

okay i'm understandng more...

do you think that the left jump during braking is the suspension?

the rear end does get away from me some times.... but my tires suck...michelin pilot sports....but they are old (bald) but i do admit my car is not fast....

what did you mean by this
", tighten up the front shocks, loosen the rear shocks, "
how do i do that....

You go buy Illuminas or AGX's. B was thinking you had the whites, not the blues, you don't have adjustability in your shocks.

ohhh yeah they dont.... cool.....thats what i thought.....

has anyone ever had that problem when braking? (jumps left or right)

thats probably a toe issue....
that, or one of your clipers gets fluid first.

throw it up an an alignment rack

ive got a question wat do u mean uve already installed the 4 strut bars. isnt there only 2 strut bars? front and rear?

Two sway bars, two strut tower bars, two lower tie bars <-I guess some people would mistakenly call these lower strut bars, since they sort of tie the area underneath that would be effected by movement during turning in the same way.

ya thats exactly wat i thought, 2 strut bars both upper front/rear and then lower tie bars front/rear and then 2 sway bars front/ rear.

listen i'm not lingo savy okay..lol....all i know is that my car could handle better...i dont know how to get it there....but ill start with a complete allignment

Back