1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sway bars

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by chb504, Jul 29, 2005.

1. chb504

chb504 Senior Member

i'm looking for a 24mm and up front sway bar and a 22-24mm adjustable rear sway bar for my 93si. i was wandering what u all are running and where did u buy from etc etc... any suggestions on different brands etc

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

the OEM GSR as well as the ITR front swaybar was 24mm's. So you can just find a used one in diffrent classifeds, junkyards ect, or you can go to honda. Remember you need the d brackets and bushings too.

For the 22-24 mm adjustable, I am not sure. Comptech makes an adjustable one, but I think it is comprible to a 22mm. Progress might make one in a 23mm in the compition line, but there normal one for civics is 22mm. THe USDM ITR rear sway is 22mm and the JDM 98spec ITR one is 23mm. Consider that option as well

3. chb504

chb504 Senior Member

thanks for the advice on the front sway, i found a progress rear... so thread closed...

4. chb504

chb504 Senior Member

came across the suspension techniques sway bar kit... are these good, some guys on honda-tech that have em like em a lot

5. eater_eg6

eater_eg6 Junior Member

what is the size of the OEM eg6 front n rear sway bar ? bigger mean stiffer rite ??? if change the bigger swaybar..mean the bracket .. bushes..all hav to chage rite ?? thanx.. :)

6. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i have the suspension tech bar on my sol i am very happy with it

7. chb504

chb504 Senior Member

i found the suspension tech. sway bar kit and the suspension tech speedtech sway bar system... which one ??? i was thinking about these more because they come as a "kit".. so maybe they were made to work with each other better to give better performance :blink:

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

if you plan on getting a lower tie bar anyway then get the speed tech (away bar and lower tie bar)

thats the setup i got :thumbsup:

if not then just get the sway bar

9. chb504

chb504 Senior Member

cool thanks, i'll post all the crap that's on order now in a week or 2, oging on a cruise this week wooo

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted