Sway/tie Bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I am looking for a sway bar similar to the Suspension Techniques Speedtech Sway Bar System. My question, which model car to I buy them for now that I have (will have) ITR rear LCA's? EG, del Sol, or ITR?

get the suspension tech setup ITS FUCKING BADASS!!!!!!
i have the ITR LCAs on my car and i used the one for the del sol
it worked fine

Now I am thinking about the comptech one, someone on honda tech said this...

My advise is to not get the speedtech system. There is no reinforcement to the rear sub-frame where the sway bar attaches and as a result, the rear sub-frame can be torn apart when hard cornering is being done. Unless you plan on doing some reinforcement to the needed areas, I would suggest getting the similar Comptech system. It may cost a little more, but the tie bar covers much of the rear sub-frame and strenghtens the sway bar mounting points.

It doesn't even have to be one with a rear Tie bar. As long as it is pretty beefy, I will be happy. For MOST rear sway bars, once you put them on, it makes it so you cant put a rear tie bar on also, right?

i just saw a pic of the progress bar set that looks pretty badass .... is that new??? havent seen anything about it before

also the susp. tech. bar set covers more area on the sub frame then the comptech set does
the sway bar mounts to the tie bar ends just like on the comptech set but the plate that it mounts to is much larger .... so id say that the S.T. setup would probly have less risk of tear out than the comptech bar set does..... i call BS on that guy from HTs post

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 30 2003, 11:49 PM
so id say that the S.T. setup would probly have less risk of tear out than the comptech bar set does..... i call BS on that guy from HTs post

:withstupid:

Chet, what progress one do you have, the adjustable comp. one for 88-95 civics that is 24mm or do you have the one for the 92-95 civic that is only 22 mm?

They Don't have one for the del Sol or ITR so should I go with the one for the EG?

i have 22mm progress auto rear sway.

for a del sol, the EG bar will work...subframes are all the same.

so the LCA's are not really an issue here?

Where did you buy yours at?

regular civic lca's work fine.

s3e2c7f02ca154.jpg

Originally posted by chet@Mar 31 2003, 10:48 PM
regular civic lca's work fine.

But I will not have civic/sol LCA's, I am getting HA's this week so that means ITR rear LCA's. Will it still work?

i'm almost positive they will work...i'd have to look at it to be 100% sure.

call progress, they'll know.

Back