Sweeeet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what's the old drummer's name? tommy stewart, i think? he was awesome...i've got one of their live dvd's, and at the end of 'get up, get out' him and sully busted out a bad fuckin ass drum solo....i have sat and watched it over and over and over and over for seriously hours on end (im a drummer)....

godsmack's 1st album = fucking awesome
awake = decent, not as good as the first
faceless = i wouldn't wipe someone else's ass with it.

Godsmack = Yes it was awesome, I have one of their original Demo Tapes they used to get a deal with Republic = priceless
Awake = I thought it was very good. Could have used more "WORK"?
Faceless = I love "I fucking hate you" and "Releasing the Demons"

The new album, the all Acoustic, should be hella bad ass. Have you heard "Running Blind"? Really nice song. The new Album is out March 16th, 2003 (TOMORROW!)

Godmsack was
Sully Erna (Salvatore Paul Erna) - Vocals/Percusion/Guitar
Tommy Stewart - Drums
Tony Rombola - Guitar
Robbie Merrill - Bass

They have three DVD's out
Live
Smack This
and something along the lines of Godsmack - Rock N' Roll and Sex or something. Im buying it this summer when I got the cash.

holy thread from the fuckin dead, figured I"d whore this one and not start a new one... but yeah

the show fucking rocked!!!!!! We were 3 rows from the floor... Godsmack played an hour set, and then Metallica played a 2 hour set... had a rotating stage, pyros, everything... it rocked. now my throat hurts from yelling all night. Great times :D

Originally posted by froggie3434@Mar 14 2004, 02:25 AM
metallica sold out.
[post=291503]Quoted post[/post]​

How did Metallica sell out? Their new album is garbage musically and production wise. But I will admit their old stuff ROCKS.

metallica is a giant... they're an icon in the metal world. compared to their old shit their new shit isn't as good, in fact, st anger is one of their worst cd's but that doesn't make me NOT like them

i respect artists that can stick around... and STILL be popular, like Metallica, Madonna, U2, etc even if i don't like the music.

why? because they've proven that in this life... most of the music here changes... and they can adapt, and still win grammies, and all that crap. that's HARD.

having that said, i loved their show when i saw them at the summer sanitarium tour. :) right on james.

on a side note: the record label takes most of the money that they get from sales of the album... they see very little, no matter how much they sell. the industry is fucked that way. they front them a check, and if they can't make it all selling records, they have to pay what they didn't earn... BACK TO THE LABEL... WTF?

Back