Sweet, I got my gauge pod and it actually fits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
After ordering one of the ebay "single din gauge pods", getting it, and figuring out its too small and theres no way to expand the holes without completely destroying the stupid thing I went on the hunt for a new one...a better one.

Well after searching a bit I came across this:

Honda Civic 1996-1998 Console gauge panel

PAN-002.jpg

Not bad..looks clean...I figured what the hell, I've got an optional EG audio console, its probably close to the size I need, might as well order it and give it a shot

Today it shows up and I brought it home for a test fit

Result:

mypicz216.jpg

Like a f'n glove. I *might* have to make 3 small arches in the top mounting bracket for the console, but nothing major (especially w/my wonderful Dremel)

Oh, if you want one...it was $24+shipping on egauges.com

looks nice can wait to see it in with gauges

Put in the most cluttered gauges you can find :) Autometer D-PIC, O2 sensor, and one of those JC Whitney economy vacuum gauges.

sweet! that reminds me, i need to look into a gauge pod for my air gauges.

**EDIT** i went to that egauges.com site for a gauge pod for my truck but they dont list one for a Ford Ranger :cry:

I'll post pictures when they're in (this weekend?)

I know neonmike makes them, but for $24 and 3 (business) day arrival I took the chance

Oh, and theres an oil pressure, air/fuel, and volt gauge going in there

why?

a/f guages are worthless. get a wideband.
volt meter? why? are you doing audio comps?

oil pressure is good to know though :)

I have a wideband

volt was just to fill in the 3rd hole

I don't need a water temp, theres one in the dash, or an oil temp, I'm not runnig a turbo, or a boost, same reason as the oil temp...that leaves volt

I made one awhile back... Think it cost me about $4... :shrug2:

Back