1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweet, probally going to sell my car

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by asmallsol, Apr 16, 2006.

1. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

So as of right now, my car is getting pretty fucking old. It has 250,000 miles on the chassis, maybe 160,000 on the b18c1, 20k on the clutch and flywheel, probally 50,000 on the Tein HA's and its showing its age. I did a quick paint job last year but couldn't really do anything about the rust problem. Fast forward 6 months and the car is rusting like crazy. Wheel wells, back hatch, ect. Then to add to it, I got hit last winter and bent my rear bumper, quater panel and tail light. I bought a new one off ebay and went to put it in but because of the impact the sheet metal bent so the tail light will no longer fit in the damn hole so now its being held up (kinda) by zipties. In addition, my front bumper needs to be replaced because both of the holes to hold them up have been torn out and now I just use tight bolts to hold them up.

Well anyways, I guy stopped by my house today basicly wanting to buy it. I told him about all the mods (for the most part at least) and told him basicly I didn't really have any intentions to sell it but with the right offer, anything is possible. So he gets my number and leaves. Comes back probally 8 hours later and offers 2700 cash by wednesday.

I have been getting tired of my car. Its now pretty much a fast beater. My buddy ended up getting into the e30 bmws and I have fallen for them. My plans were to find one of them for a reasonable price, then sell my civic once I had a car lined up. I wanted to get about 3 grand, and probally thinking that I would need to part it out to make that money. So now, basicly the opertunity has landed on my doorstep.

The problems are...
    -I am 600 miles away from home (at school now) so now I will have to have my parents come and pick me up.
    -I don't have a car lined up for me.

My plans are, take the deal. In the winter, I need a bigger car (at least civic size) but in the summer, who cares. Over the next 2 weeks I am here at school, in my free time, I think I am going to just look for a stock del sol or miata. If I buy one for 2500 or so, drive it all summer and go to sell it, I won't really loose a dime on it since they are basicly completely depresheated (sp?) In the mean time, look for a real nice condition e30.

2. TommyTheCat

TommyTheCat Gonzo Scientist

Just drive down M28 and grab the cheapest thing that runs, lol!

I mean, why dont you get an exploder or rodeo/pathfinder so you can handle the snow for a couple years?

3. asmallsol

well, really snow hasn't been that bad in my civic. With my snow tires, I was able to concure the roads almost 100% of the time with one exception when we received a total of 38 inches over 30 hour period. That is actually why I am looking at buying a rwd bmw. By going to an SUV, I am sacricing driving fun for getting around 100% of the time and I really don't think that sacrifice is really needed. The thing i love most about driving is throwing a car around and if I bought a SUV or a truck, there goes the fun of driving.

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

5. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I got that 00 hatch coming up soon with 20,000 miles on it.

6. asmallsol

welll basicly put, I think so. The shell IMO is done for and I would be lucky to get anything out of it if I went to sold it.

swap 160,000 miles maybe 2grand, and even that is pushing it since 3rd gear syncro is a little notchy
    Light weight 12lbs flywheel
    Tein HA's with like 40-50k miles on them maybe 500 with the ITR LCA's (coming close to a rebuild time)
    Strut bars 50 a peice
    ITR rear sway, 50?
    CF hood but with the clear coat slightly cracked 250?
    VAFC version 1 120?
    Del Sol seats with like 170,000 miles on them 200?
    Del sol OEM wheels with half life left on snow tires. 300?

So yea, if I did part it, it would go for a little more, but it takes so long. Removing all the stuff is no problem. In a day I could have that car stripped down to nothing, but to get sellers is the hard part.

7. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

depreciated, but thats prob one of the best tries i have ever seen
    lol

sounds like you got a pretty decent offer...
    if you're happy with it then go for it...

i would prob avoid buying a del slo and go with the miata
    i dunno how things are where you live but by me its nearly impossible to sell a del sol...

8. asmallsol

fu lol

anyways, when he calls me up I am going to ask for 2900 and if he doesn't take it, I will meet him in the middle at 28. As for the del Sol, if it is stock, then they are much easier to move.

9. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

i would imagine if you advertised your car for 3K you would get it pretty quick...
    i would throw it up on honda-tech just to see if you get any interest...

you have any pics?

what year is it?

10. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

I bet you could get near 3.5k for your car even though its rusted to hell. Hell my buddy just sold his crx si with 260k on the entire car for 3200 just because you couldn't see the rust. It was bone stock at that, just black on black.

11. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

fuck it.. if you have an offer get out now...

it took me MONTHS to sell my del sol

12. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

w3rd.

Took me quite awhile as well, and then all a sudden it started popping and like 2-3people wanted it after it had been on here and honda-tech for a couple months.

13. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

Just make sure you drive a miata before you decide you want one. They are so tiny. I fit comfortably in a del sol, in a miata I am uncomfortable after a few minutes and the pedals are extremely close together.

14. asmallsol

oh I have, my dad has one and I love that thing. Pedals can never be too close together.

15. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I guess I have big feet then because I had to make an effort of it to not hit the break when I hit the clutch.

16. asmallsol

I also mainly where shoes like Samba's and other indoor soccer shoe which also double as great driving shoes.

17. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

:werd: for the samba classics. best shoes ever.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted