Sweet, probally going to sell my car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
So as of right now, my car is getting pretty fucking old. It has 250,000 miles on the chassis, maybe 160,000 on the b18c1, 20k on the clutch and flywheel, probally 50,000 on the Tein HA's and its showing its age. I did a quick paint job last year but couldn't really do anything about the rust problem. Fast forward 6 months and the car is rusting like crazy. Wheel wells, back hatch, ect. Then to add to it, I got hit last winter and bent my rear bumper, quater panel and tail light. I bought a new one off ebay and went to put it in but because of the impact the sheet metal bent so the tail light will no longer fit in the damn hole so now its being held up (kinda) by zipties. In addition, my front bumper needs to be replaced because both of the holes to hold them up have been torn out and now I just use tight bolts to hold them up.

Well anyways, I guy stopped by my house today basicly wanting to buy it. I told him about all the mods (for the most part at least) and told him basicly I didn't really have any intentions to sell it but with the right offer, anything is possible. So he gets my number and leaves. Comes back probally 8 hours later and offers 2700 cash by wednesday.

I have been getting tired of my car. Its now pretty much a fast beater. My buddy ended up getting into the e30 bmws and I have fallen for them. My plans were to find one of them for a reasonable price, then sell my civic once I had a car lined up. I wanted to get about 3 grand, and probally thinking that I would need to part it out to make that money. So now, basicly the opertunity has landed on my doorstep.

The problems are...
-I am 600 miles away from home (at school now) so now I will have to have my parents come and pick me up.
-I don't have a car lined up for me.

My plans are, take the deal. In the winter, I need a bigger car (at least civic size) but in the summer, who cares. Over the next 2 weeks I am here at school, in my free time, I think I am going to just look for a stock del sol or miata. If I buy one for 2500 or so, drive it all summer and go to sell it, I won't really loose a dime on it since they are basicly completely depresheated (sp?) In the mean time, look for a real nice condition e30.

Just drive down M28 and grab the cheapest thing that runs, lol!

I mean, why dont you get an exploder or rodeo/pathfinder so you can handle the snow for a couple years?

Quoted post[/post]]
Just drive down M28 and grab the cheapest thing that runs, lol!

I mean, why dont you get an exploder or rodeo/pathfinder so you can handle the snow for a couple years?

well, really snow hasn't been that bad in my civic. With my snow tires, I was able to concure the roads almost 100% of the time with one exception when we received a total of 38 inches over 30 hour period. That is actually why I am looking at buying a rwd bmw. By going to an SUV, I am sacricing driving fun for getting around 100% of the time and I really don't think that sacrifice is really needed. The thing i love most about driving is throwing a car around and if I bought a SUV or a truck, there goes the fun of driving.

Quoted post[/post]]
is 2700 enough ?

welll basicly put, I think so. The shell IMO is done for and I would be lucky to get anything out of it if I went to sold it.

swap 160,000 miles maybe 2grand, and even that is pushing it since 3rd gear syncro is a little notchy
Light weight 12lbs flywheel
Tein HA's with like 40-50k miles on them maybe 500 with the ITR LCA's (coming close to a rebuild time)
Strut bars 50 a peice
ITR rear sway, 50?
CF hood but with the clear coat slightly cracked 250?
VAFC version 1 120?
Del Sol seats with like 170,000 miles on them 200?
Del sol OEM wheels with half life left on snow tires. 300?

So yea, if I did part it, it would go for a little more, but it takes so long. Removing all the stuff is no problem. In a day I could have that car stripped down to nothing, but to get sellers is the hard part.

My plans are, take the deal. In the winter, I need a bigger car (at least civic size) but in the summer, who cares. Over the next 2 weeks I am here at school, in my free time, I think I am going to just look for a stock del sol or miata. If I buy one for 2500 or so, drive it all summer and go to sell it, I won't really loose a dime on it since they are basicly completely depresheated (sp?) In the mean time, look for a real nice condition e30.
depreciated, but thats prob one of the best tries i have ever seen
lol

sounds like you got a pretty decent offer...
if you're happy with it then go for it...

i would prob avoid buying a del slo and go with the miata
i dunno how things are where you live but by me its nearly impossible to sell a del sol...

Quoted post[/post]]

depreciated, but thats prob one of the best tries i have ever seen
lol

sounds like you got a pretty decent offer...
if you're happy with it then go for it...

i dunno how things are where you live but by me its nearly impossible to sell a del sol...
fu lol

anyways, when he calls me up I am going to ask for 2900 and if he doesn't take it, I will meet him in the middle at 28. As for the del Sol, if it is stock, then they are much easier to move.

i would imagine if you advertised your car for 3K you would get it pretty quick...
i would throw it up on honda-tech just to see if you get any interest...

you have any pics?

what year is it?

I bet you could get near 3.5k for your car even though its rusted to hell. Hell my buddy just sold his crx si with 260k on the entire car for 3200 just because you couldn't see the rust. It was bone stock at that, just black on black.

Quoted post[/post]]
Just make sure you drive a miata before you decide you want one. They are so tiny. I fit comfortably in a del sol, in a miata I am uncomfortable after a few minutes and the pedals are extremely close together.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Just make sure you drive a miata before you decide you want one. They are so tiny. I fit comfortably in a del sol, in a miata I am uncomfortable after a few minutes and the pedals are extremely close together.

oh I have, my dad has one and I love that thing. Pedals can never be too close together.

I guess I have big feet then because I had to make an effort of it to not hit the break when I hit the clutch.

Back