Sweet, sell moded cars easyier

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what's funny is these people are posting their pieces of shit for hella high prices, especially the hondas.
there was a EG coupe with a D16/Turbo with 113K miles on it and he wants $7500 for it. he's out of his mind. what kind of jack-ass would actually pay that much for it. I'll offer him like $4500 and that's on a good day.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 6 2003, 10:41 PM
and stickers DO add Mega Domestic Killin power. Spoilers, like 30 hp per lb.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bo: :bo: :bo: :bo: :bo: :bo: :bo:

Originally posted by rsaeini@Aug 7 2003, 10:29 AM
what's funny is these people are posting their pieces of shit for hella high prices, especially the hondas.
there was a EG coupe with a D16/Turbo with 113K miles on it and he wants $7500 for it. he's out of his mind. what kind of jack-ass would actually pay that much for it. I'll offer him like $4500 and that's on a good day.

Dude, have you been living under a rock? Granted, that sohc probably isn't worth $7500 but I got $100 that says he gets at least $7000. I sold my sohc for $6500 with no turbo or internal mods. Just I/H/E and a bunch more bolt ons. Granted, it was really clean, but it had 156k on it. Not only that, but an hour after I sold it, I called the guy back and tried to buy it back from him. He said "no fucking way!" I had some other guy willing to pay MORE than I was asking for it.

My point is, our cars may not be worth that much, but ricers don't know that, and they are willing to give us more than our cars are worth just to be "cool".

P.S. - I saw my civic last week and the guy has a nine-foot wing and 500 pounds of stereo equipment in there. :( So sad.

Originally posted by khrisb+Aug 7 2003, 12:25 AM-->
Originally posted by kylemarhx@Aug 7 2003, 12:20 AM
TrailorParkPimp
@Aug 6 2003, 11:15 PM
people that buy a car thats already modified, gets not a single ounce of respect from me. you didnt put any blood, sweat and tears into building it so why should i give you props on what someone else built???

because they put blood, sweat and tears into earning the money that they used to buy it.

...Everything on my car, I paid for myself.
I dunno, I'm proud of that....

Same here... I did the mini-me swap myself and I'm damn proud of it!

Originally posted by B16+Aug 7 2003, 12:45 AM-->
asmallsol
@Aug 6 2003, 04:44 PM
but he is asking 5k OBO with semi low miles (in the low 100's). Offer him 4500, fly out there, drive it back, then sell mine (with the VTEC suspenion) and be happy.

you should do it, how much could you sell your car for anyway?

I sent him a email. The major reason why I would want a sol VTEC is that I could put teins on that, and still be in dsp but still have a DOHC VTEC engine.

I think that I could get 4500 for my car if I put stock stuff back on it.

Collin, is that the deal? If it came in your car, it's not a swap, but a B16 in a civic hatch or coupe WOULD be???? I want to get into NASA soon. Do you run SCCA?

i'm was just stating the obvious that a 95 Civic is not worth $7500. At most it may be worth about $4000-4500.
I ran a KBB on it and it said it was worth $5100 at best.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Aug 7 2003, 01:17 PM
i'm was just stating the obvious that a 95 Civic is not worth $7500. At most it may be worth about $4000-4500.
I ran a KBB on it and it said it was worth $5100 at best.

I believe it. It's worth more like 4-4500 like you said earlier. But he'll get 7. Fuckin ricers.... :D

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 7 2003, 02:15 PM
Collin, is that the deal? If it came in your car, it's not a swap, but a B16 in a civic hatch or coupe WOULD be???? I want to get into NASA soon. Do you run SCCA?

Nasa is petty cool about it, SCCA classifications are SOOOOOOOOOO ghey.

Yes I run SCCA. SCCA is the main guys for autoX. NASA is i think, only Road racing.

Since I have a 2 seater, I am considered a sports car. Now the del sol s and SI are in H stock when they are stock, this is the lowest class. However, if you put an intake, wheels, any kind of suspension or electrical work, your thrown into DSP, same class as alot of really competitive cars (some older porsches (914's), fiats (very good autoX cars) and Integra GSRs). That class, I can be semi compeditive in. However, with the del sol VTEC (dohc) your in G-stock. That is not the best class for it due to the fact that the mini Cooper S in that one, however, not a run away. Now if you do any of the minor crap (intake, wheels, ect) your thrown into DSP also. This means that you could be running against the exact same car except for the sol VTEC has 55+ hp on you (if your in the sol S) Now if you take that S, put a swap in there and basicly clone a stock del Sol VTEC (no suspension, no mods, all oem stuff) your now in Street Mod 2. The street mod 2 regulars in the Detroit region include: super/turbo charged miatas, heavly modded 500+ hp corvettes, a 500hp super charged V8 FOCUS (search cobra mustang by ATI on google) and alot of other cars that are modded to hell. Now does this make sence, a del sol VTEC and a del sol VTEC clone would be about 15 classes or so seperating the two.

Oh, and get this, If you have a 100% stock car and then you throw on a Carbon Fiber hood, your thrown into street mod (street mod 2 for del sols)

Back