Sweet thread about kid beating the crap out of bully *VID/PICS*...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's the training. You can't help but look at something like that and see all of the mistakes if you've had years of training. He defended himself. But that doesn't mean that we can't pick apart his technique for the fun of it. :)
Exactly. I saw probably 3 obvious openings for submission.

BTW, who the fuck turns and walks away from a guy that is still punching you? The kid literally didn't watch his back.

My style of fighting is a mixture of wrestling and a few moves I know. I'm not the quickest so I love a ground fight. Not only can they not move out of the way of my punches as easy but if I get put down I know how to fight from my back and not just protect myself. Just last night I was screwing around with friends and hit a few Guillotines and a Komora or two.

I wonder that while I'm watching TUF sometimes. :D
that happened in season 1 once. diego i think turned and got popped. the ref looked at him and was like, "i told you to be ready".

Just saw this. NEVER punch someone in the temple unless your life depends on it. As the doctor who saw this guy put it, I came "a fraction of an inch in any direction from killing [him]". I thought that was the fucking shit at the time. Now I'm really glad I didn't kill that person.
yeah, i was referring to a deadly force hit. i'm sure if the asian kid hit that kid ACCIDENTALLY with a temple shot, he could have gotten in trouble, but it was self defense. just listen to the video, all these kids yelling to "F him up". i was shocked the little kid walked away let alone gave the older kid a great glazing.

Agreed on the temple shot subject, I learned all about that senior year of HS. I almost got in more trouble than any kid should.

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Is one of the best quotes I've heard =)

I can understand how going through years of training can help you point out the flaws. I just enjoy boxing friends and what not. I've been in some fights myself, but never trained besides working out. My bad if I seemed like a douche.

from what i saw the smaller kid was looking at were he was punching. not really just swingin. he looks like he knew what to do

Exactly. I saw probably 3 obvious openings for
My style of fighting is a mixture of wrestling and a few moves I know. I'm not the quickest so I love a ground fight. Not only can they not move out of the way of my punches as easy but if I get put down I know how to fight from my back and not just protect myself. Just last night I was screwing around with friends and hit a few Guillotines and a Komora or two.

werd, strike a critical area (nose, temple, etc), take down, pound until someone pulls you off or choke them out

was, rinse, repeat

Good for that little scrapper.

Not great technique or great fight by any means, but I defenitely give the little guy props for having balls and standing up for himself.

And he fucked that kids teeth/jaw up pretty bad.

actually...the lil asian throwing that wild punch first was amateur on his part...if i was in that bully's shoes...i would have been in hog heaven...i love it when my opponent decides he can throw the first punch...and a wild one at that...i simply dodge the punch by bring my head back and away from his punch...this gives me the momentum coming back forward to give a good jab to my opponent in the throat...and its over from there...

See we (my style of ma) would never punch to the nose/upper lip because you can easily cut your hand on the teeth, last thing I want to do is mix blood with someone,
the back of the jaw will cause a knock out, or the neck where the clotted artery is, if you pinch the clotted artery shut you'll make the guy drop right then and there.

Being in a fight like that with a kid I'd rather just block his punches and throw the guy down and submit him. Judo and Jujitsu FTW!

It's one of those things man, if you don't fully understand what you're looking at it's hard to see the cons. IMO this whole fight was bad other then the spraw, but even then the guy only followed up with a stupid suplex like move that went no where. He easily had his back and could have had an easy choke out or more basic throw that wouldn't have put him in a bad position like that suplex did.

Maybe you feel I'm pulling shit out my ass but after X many years of martial arts ranging from basic foot work with boxing to jujitsu, I can see a fight like this one and say boy that sure did suck.

Clotted artery = won't bleed.

Carotid artery = make you pass out.

Last edited:
How about this counter?

Wait for the wild right to get close to full extension. Slide to your left while shooting your right arm on the outside of his right arm and reaching for the back of his neck with both of your hands. Clinch, pull down, and deliver a hard knee to the gut or sternum if you have the targeting skills. The sternum shot will be a body knockout and since he isn't trained he most likely won't tighten his ab's for the impact.

If you're around my Master in class and he walks in front of you, you damn well better kihap (Hiii-YAH!) and tighten your ab's because there's a 50/50 chance you're getting an unexpected gut shot. It's not a bully move, it's to teach you to pay attention and is something his Master does, too...it's traditional hard style training. My first Master used to have us all lay down on our backs side by side and then he'd walk across our stomachs...obviously only putting as much pressure as he could without causing damage. He was also fond of boinking people in the forehead with a bamboo stick when they weren't paying attention.
yea...i like your counter as well...the counter that i mentioned is just something that i do on instinct...its weird...cuz my mind goes somewhere else when im in a fight...its hard for me to say that i would actually think about moving to the left and grabbing him from the back of the neck for the knee to the gut or sternum...but ill definitely try to keep that in mind if i ever have another altercation...lol

Clotted artery = won't bleed.

Corotid artery = make you pass out.

Im glad you posted that, finally. I was getting ready to....cept its carotid.

N e way, that fight made for some good watching material at starbucks. I love how we can sit here and analyze this fight after the fact. I know when i was in high school (until sr. year) i woulda fought the EXACT same way that the asian kid did. I didnt start boxing or karate (which eventually turned into my own form of kick boxing...ish) until senior year, so i really cant say much about that fight. Now, if it were to happen today....i woulda done exactly what someone else said. "Lean back after the first punch. Punch to the throat. Walk away."

That asian kid better be glad he wasnt up against someone who knows how to fight.

Im glad you posted that, finally. I was getting ready to....cept its carotid.

N e way, that fight made for some good watching material at starbucks. I love how we can sit here and analyze this fight after the fact. I know when i was in high school (until sr. year) i woulda fought the EXACT same way that the asian kid did. I didnt start boxing or karate (which eventually turned into my own form of kick boxing...ish) until senior year, so i really cant say much about that fight. Now, if it were to happen today....i woulda done exactly what someone else said. "Lean back after the first punch. Punch to the throat. Walk away."

That asian kid better be glad he wasnt up against someone who knows how to fight.
we can analyze all day long. yeah, the kid was 14, but he still beat up the kid who had a definite size advantage. fists of fury worked for him and thats all that mattered.

the kid actually signed up for the other thread and posted. he said he's going to start working on his hands over the summer. i guess he's cool with the kid now to. haha, doesn't want his ass beat again.

we can analyze all day long. yeah, the kid was 14, but he still beat up the kid who had a definite size advantage. fists of fury worked for him and thats all that mattered.

the kid actually signed up for the other thread and posted. he said he's going to start working on his hands over the summer. i guess he's cool with the kid now to. haha, doesn't want his ass beat again.
its weird how that works...ive seen so many fights where the opponents become good friends afterwards...i guess its the respect that is gained from it...who knows...

and ill go ahead and tell you...size isnt everything in a fight...if you dont have the brains to back up that size...youre toast...

its weird how that works...ive seen so many fights where the opponents become good friends afterwards...i guess its the respect that is gained from it...who knows...
That's how I met my best friend. High school football I was the WR and he was the CB. Beating the shit out of each other every day made us close. It is weird how that works.

And don't forget a head butt is always fun. As long as you know how to do them.

Back