Sweetest invention EVER !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow, thats impressive.

i saw a girl chip her finger off with a miter saw in 8th grade.

even something as tender as a hotdog the thing retracted.. :thumbsup: from me.. it'd probably be pretty expensive though, but you'd end up saving money in the long run on hospital bills

We had that vid at our last EHHS briefing...

Cool safety tool, but once it retracts like that once...the tool is garbage...but you still have a finger...so its worth it to the company to replace those cheaper non-fleshy parts and have a finger-ful happy employee come to work the next day.

and there was a vid that Sikorsky actually made for training...they placed a fiberglass dummy on a pallet...and dropped a 2000 lb slab of metal on it....the only thing recognizable was the steel toe boots. :ph34r:

Wow. That's pretty cool. If NHHS had that 8 years ago, Adam Lewindowsky would still have a thumb.

cost of tool < medical expenses and lawsuits and osha crap, regardless if they guy comes back to work the next day or not

i cut my thumb almost in half when i was working at the resturant... got a bunch of stitches, but didn't cut it off thankfully. but it was to the bone.
my medical bills were like 5 grand, and i couldn't get it went for 6 weeks, meaning, i was pretty useless as a waiter. i played "hostess" while i was bandaged up.

even if the saw costs 5 grand, and you need to replace the blade after, its still far cheaper in the long run IMO

last i heard the going rate was 10K per finger segment
guys at the knife shop used to "accidently" get their finger stuck in the press
the more money they needed the more finger they lost

this invention FTW, a saw blade doesn't come close tot he price of Medical care+lost man hours+physical rehab+possible vocational replacement

but be warned, when you make something idiot proof someone usually comes along and invents a better idiot

cost of tool < medical expenses and lawsuits and osha crap, regardless if they guy comes back to work the next day or not

i cut my thumb almost in half when i was working at the resturant... got a bunch of stitches, but didn't cut it off thankfully. but it was to the bone.
my medical bills were like 5 grand, and i couldn't get it went for 6 weeks, meaning, i was pretty useless as a waiter. i played "hostess" while i was bandaged up.

even if the saw costs 5 grand, and you need to replace the blade after, its still far cheaper in the long run IMO

reread my un-edited post.....thats basically what I was saying..

Yeah. I want one cuz our saws don't even have a reset......

But shit. My dad sawed off his thumb on a table saw actually while ripping plywood. In our trade, it happens, often.

This is pretty old, I thought I first saw this here? Maybe it was over at the suzuki board.

No doubt a good idea!

We have been discussing this on my Tech Ed teachers list serve and most schools are using the law suit angle to get them installed in their shops. they cost around 3xxx.xx or so to install with an added cost of about 300.00 or so every time the brake is activated. It actually sinks the blade into a block of aluminium so you need to replace the whole assembly. Some of us are a little skeptical due some issues of what happens if the power is lost in the shop and the fact that the company had a hard time get it UL approved.

Back