sweing machine sound

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicspeed

I found a b17a1 in a local junkyard that I am interestind in swapping into my 97 civic. The motor has 89xxx miles on it and the vehicle it is in was hit in the front. The front bumper support and radiator are a but pushed in towards the engine but other than that there is no obvious damage to the engine. I have heard the engine run and it sounds good except for a somewhat sweing machine sounding noise. Somone told me that when the junkyard first got the engine they opened up the valve cover to see what was so special and somehow broke the valve train in the process. This person told me that this was because of a valve sticking.

Ive never heard of this so i am a bit sceptical but i dont want to buy an engine that is no good. Also if this is a problem that is easily fixable would it still be worth buying the engine, because I can get it for around 800$

:cliffs:

B17a1 with 89xxx miles for 800$ Makes sweing macine whiney noise, possibly a sticking valve? Is it worth it/ fixable?

thanks-
Aidan

umm, what all does it include? tranny axels ecu wiring harness? if it comes with all that its worth it, if the problem is an easy fix. if not just buy a b16.

usually that sewing machine sound is just valves needing to be adjusted.

Back