1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

switching a d15b7 to obd0

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by tj87, Mar 9, 2009.

1. tj87

tj87 New Member

Hi folks,

My d15b2 in my 1991 civic lx daily driver is on its way out.
    I bought a d15b7 to put in the car.
    I have been researching this swap all week and have a few questions. I know that the engine is an OBD1 engine and the car is an OBD0 car.
    There appear to be two options here.
    1) Buy and OBD1 ecu, a conversion harness, and do the swap. 2) switch the engine(b7) over to OBD0 and swap it .
    I have decided to go with option 2 since performance is not an issue here and i want to get out of this swap as cheaply as possible.
    I tried to find what this all involved but i can not seem to find a definitive answer on what to do.
    I have seen some posts talking about getting an si distributor but i think this is just for switching the car to OBD1, am i right or do i need to get a new distributor?
    Do i just need to take all the sensors off of the B2 and put them on the B7?
    Are there any other parts i need to transfer over?

If you guys can help me out i would really appreciate it.

2. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

You will have to do more work converting back. What you need, Si dizzy, convert to MPFI. If you go OBDI you can pick up a plug and play harness then you would just need the ECU for the B7.

3. tj87

tj87 New Member

Thanks for the reply,
    I was going to switch the b7 over to dpfi but if i can find an ecu cheap i might just go that route.
    Is there a specific reason you need a si distributor to do this swap?

4. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Well if you put the B2 mani on the B7 then you would use the B2 dizzy. I wasnt sure what your intentions were, you could take the DPFI mani put it on the B7 use the B2 dizzy and ECU no problem.

5. tj87

tj87 New Member

Cool
    thanks for the help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted