1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T.P.S. voltage is backwards

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by wougoose, Sep 21, 2006.

1. wougoose

wougoose Junior Member

Hello all,

I've been having issues regarding my Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). I was getting Error Code 7, so I looked up troubleshooting guides related to the TPS. I followed them step by step and found out that my TPS is giving the wrong voltages.

It was getting 5.0 volts at closed throttle and around 0 volts at wide open throttle. I proceeded to replace the TPS with a new one and problem is STILL happening. I am still getting 5V at closed and 0V at wide open. I tested and made sure the wires were going to the correct pins on the ECU. Could my ECU be bad? Has anyone had this happen before? It is really frustrating, there is nothing worse than losing power at wide open throttle :(

Thanks

2. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

3. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

hmm did you take the tps off before? When you replaced it did you make sure slide the spring in the tps under the throttle pin? i cant descride it very well but i had that problem before. I just went ahead and replaced my b16 with a ls throttle body all together. i got lazy.lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted