T-shirt selling, etc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Guys,

I appreicate that you all want to help out but, I'm asking everyone to stop posting that you can make shirts and how much they cost.

If you want to make one for YOURSELF, that's fine. But I will not allow the use of my name or logo or anything like that on anything publicly for sale.

As stated in previous threads, I'm working on a design for the shirts... I just reformatted so i don't even have photoshop back on my system yet.

Please bare with me.

Stickers should be in sometime late this week, early next. I will keep you all posted on those a well.

Thanks.

like get not lazy enough to ship them out. :ph34r:

EDIT: heres my idea, its kinda rough.

s40517e8830d53.jpg

there's lot of issues i need to look into- namely, "HONDA" is a registered trademark. I could get in a lot of shit for trying to "sell" anything with their name on it. And the printers of the shirts can get into a lot of shit for mis-use of a registered logo design.

We haven't been hasseled yet, but sites like jdmhondaparts.com and hondamotorsonline.com have both been persued by honda to change there names. as i'm sure you've noticed, hmotorsonline is its new name, and jhpusa.com is going to be jdmHP's name coming this month. Why? because they sell stuff. honda-tech has been hasseled, but they also don't sell anything, so are kinda off the hook to some extent. hondastyle.com has changed to hstuners.com Really, it's only a matter of time before legal scenerio takes over.

Now, if I start selling shit with their name on it, it could be the end of ME financially. If i get sued by them, I'm done. buy me a cardboard box and call me Janie. I can't afford to fight it, and i will loose anyway- for what ever damages they persue, or the jury deems is appropriate. And its not like i have insurance for this kinda of shit...

It's to the point where I've considered changing the name of the site. to what, i don't know. hswap.com is already taken. lol

As members, you folks don't look at it the same way as I do, cuz it's my ass, not yours, and thus, I gotta watch it. The stickers are even kinda pushing it... but those really aren't "merchanidise" so it kinda puts it off the hook again. But clothing, is definitly merchanidise.

Smokey- lol- your dvd will get to you.. i promise. I'm usually good about shit like that too.. oh well, you can't bitch when it's free :)

Well... what if you only charged for the cost of the shirts and idn't turn profit? Or maybe setup a royalty deal with Honda of America?

doesn't matter dude... it's their name.

that would be like someone selling shirts that say mtvcablechannel.com mtv would be a copyright violation... or further still- briancummiskeyswap.com

if im not printing the shirt, i don't want my name on it from some internet loser who made a site about my stuff.

same concept.

isn't there loop holes.

For scalping tickets online, what alot do is they put an ebay listing as "Free wings tickets with purchase of Wings poster" Then they go and put a $100 reserve on it.

You could sell boxes for 15.99 or something like that.

really, it has been done. Team-integra.net has been selling shirts for a very long time and are still selling them.

B. question for you. This season for autocross, I am going to be making magnets for my car for various things like class, and stuff like that. Would you allow me to run a hondaswap magnet on my car?

When it comes time to actually get em made, the guy we talked to can do 20 for 150 that a little over 7.5 a shirt. I know the guy would cut us a huge deal on any order over 35 shirts. OS when it comes time, if dancomer is too expensive, let me know.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 12 2004, 04:35 AM
Smokey- lol- your dvd will get to you.. i promise. I'm usually good about shit like that too.. oh well, you can't bitch when it's free :)

its cool, i know its free, its just fun to hassle you about it. :p

have you tried to talk to honda at all about the copyright enfringement or stuff??

Back