T-tap for heater hose

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. i got my water temp gauge today.. i got it mounted and everything.. i'll take pics of my ghetto ass job i did tomorrow.. i'm just wondering where i can find a t-tap for my heater hose... so i can put the sender there..

i'm not really sure how to hook this thing up.. :shrug2: the guy who i bought it from suggested that..

any other ideas of what i could do??

Quoted post[/post]]
any other ideas of what i could do??
Meh, if the stock sender won't work, i don't blame you for not wanting to tap the head.
Get a different gauge and sell that one maybe?
My Faze gauge works on the stock single pin sender just fine?
I wouldn't be putting it into a T tap though.. lol

you're looking for a tap? or just a splitter?

i would recommned going and looking through home depot or any other hardware store...
you have quite a few choices...
you can put a t off the block where any of the stock temp sensors are, then your stock one still works and you can T off for your new sensor...

thats what i would recommend you look into...
you could prob also use a T on any of the smaller coolant lines going to or from the IAC... this might be a good option depending on what fittings you can find

what diameter should it be?? i'll take the sender with me and check the threads.. but what about the hose diameter
i'm just looking for the cheapest way to do this before sat nite..

someone help please.. i want to do it the easy way.. its just one blue
wire that goes to the sender.. should i just splice it into the stock sender??

Quoted post[/post]]
someone help please.. i want to do it the easy way.. its just one blue
wire that goes to the sender.. should i just splice it into the stock sender??

only if the temp sender for the guage you are installing has the same resistance as the stock sender. Just t it off.

A little more bling than you are probably looking for, but an idea nonetheless.
atm-2286.jpg

Try looking on Aeroquip's site too, they might have what you are looking for.

Back