t20 turbo, what do you think of it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

commador

I would like to get some opnions on this turbo. So far I know its small, has a short spool time and will work good on a d15. It has a good price as well. I cant find any comparisons of this to other turbos, so I thought to come here and ask. Is this a good turbo or a POS?

nobosy knows?? I cant find specs of it anywhere. What is its max boost levels, when does it build full boost? I cannot find this info anywhere. :unsure:

Never heard of it. Let's see some pics? How big is the inducer and exducer? A/R ratio? Measure that stuff and post the info and we can go from there.

Actually, that is what I also want to know. I know it is made by garrett. But they do not have any technical specs. I do know that it is a bit smaller than a t25. I found a kit for 1350 with this turbo. I just wanted a little more info on it before I bought it. :)
t20.jpg

Holy christ, that's small! I'd use that on a sub 1000cc engine, but not a D series. Damn. Hmm... turbocharged lawn mower...

I forgot to say that its bigger than the t15. Of course that isnt an actual size pic, just the only one i could get. There is a kit turbo specialties makes that has this turbo. Its cheap and is good quality.

dood, that thing is tiny if its smaller than a t25....shit. yeah im with ji, turbo a lawnmower and race it!

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Sep 21 2003, 10:41 PM
FYI, you can get t25's off eclipses for $100-$150 all day, in great shape...

cool, cause the thing is the t20 turbo kit is 1350. That SAME kit only with the t25 costs a hair over 1700. So I could save some cash and get the t20 kit, then buy a t25 turbo(and sell the t20). I am pretty sure they use the same flange so it should fit.

Or you could piece together your own kit for about a grand, depending on your power and performance goals...

Back