1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T28 v band flange

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Slammed90Lude, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

here's the link:
    http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant...egory_Code=GTBB

it will make the downpipe easier to make and will reduce welding and possible leaks, but I think since the adapter has no provisions to keep the wastegate exhaust seperate from the flow and basically has an open merge area after the turbine, i'm going to lose some turbo spool

opinions?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

V-band clamps are bad ass. they make life so much easier in tight spaces. ask ji or bill about how much my down pipe sucked to get on.

but before we get into that-- these are for gt series turbos. i dont think they will fit a regular t-series. i'd call and ask first.

as for WG gases vs flow gases, it doesn't really matter on an internally gated turbo. its going to come out right there anyway. you won't loose spool-- you just won't have as much flow up top once the wastegate is opened up and disrupting the exhaust flow.

3. Slammed90Lude

ok, sounds good

i'd really like to use v-band clamps as much as possible, because I think the custom manny is going to be a tight fit to begin with, and i don't feel like fighting with a downpipe :)

I believe I found adapters on their website for other t series turbos too, but that adapter will only fit GT25/28 turbos and since I haven't decided on a snail yet, I'm just examining options

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

dude, gt28's are like 1100 bucks. you can't afford that. lol

5. Slammed90Lude

lol, shut up :p

Sadly you're right though, but I can dream

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted