which turbo on built 85mmb20 vtec?

• t4 .70/.68

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • .70/.96

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • t3/t4 57 trim

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blwnsmke

t70
0.70 A/R Compressor, 0.96 A/R Turbine
Compressor Wheel 61mm/ 91mm
Turbine Wheel 62mm / 74.7mm

T57
Compressor .50 A.R., Turbine .63 A.R.
Compressor wheel 50.50mm /76.20mm
Turbine wheel 56.00mm/ 65.04mm

T4
COMPRESSOR .70 AR TURBINE .68 AR
COMPRESSOR WHEEL 57.89 /72.95
TURBINE WHEEL 54.47 /83.16

On a 85mm 9.5:1 b20vtec full port n polished head thats been milled and completely built.

yea its sleeved and my power goal is not what im worried about im trying to see whats most efficient for daily and strip use! my setup is
Block
Darton Sleeved GSR
85mm manley pistons 9:1
Eagle H-beams
Ls Crank

Head
Port and Polished Gsr Head
Ferrea valves
JGE Valetrain
Stock 96+ Gsr cams
Bdl cam gears
Edelbrock Victor X manifold
75 mm Throttle Body

Turbo
LoveFab Custom Top Mount
???? turbo
4in downpipe
44mm wastegate
greddy rs BOV

Fuel
Walbro 255
STR Fuel Rail
RC 650's

DriveTrain
JDM GSR with LSD
7lb flywheel
ACT stage 2 clutch

Your build confuses me. 4" Downpipe? 650's?

The 4" DP makes me think you're shooting for 650-700whp, the 650's tell me otherwise, as does your single walbro 255.

A power goal is important.

the 4 in downpipe comes with the kit the 650's were new $100 walbro 255 traded my stock for it new i got good deals on it!

a smaller turbo isn't going to fit a 4" downpipe (most are 3") without getitng stepped.
650's are way under what you'll be capable of.

If you're looking for a STREET car, I'd go with something that has a smaller hot side and big cold side. I wouldn't go straight t4. and a 96 a/r is stupid on the street.

t3 .63 on the hot
to4s on the cold .70 a/r ish would be nice.

the downpipe is 3" v-band stepped to 4in. its mounted on a 57 trim right now with the 5 bolt to 3" vband adapter
and i plan on upgrading injectors but not yet!

Who makes that flywheel and whats the max HP it can handle? Most light weight flywheels cant handle high HP engines.

Eagle H-beams can be safe upto 600HP with a good tune, I would upgrade to 1000cc injectors because you always have room to make more power on the same injectors.

As for a turbo the T4 your looking at might lag to spool but it wont be too bad, I had a similar turbo on my LS and it wasnt too too bad.......Anti lag is and will be your best friend. shit dont be scared to use a bit of nitrous to help spool things up too, you have a engine to handle it.

would also like to say Good luck man! I know you have been on this project for a while, Congrats on the top mount score buddy!

any other inputs or opinions!

have a hp goal yet? cant give proper input w/o knowing how much power u wanna make.....

if it were me, bigger injectors, decide on a power goal, then the choice will be apparent......;)

i know thats why there are electronic boost controllers!! mine works good

450whp is about as much as you need for a dd. It can still be reliable and faster than just about anything on the street!

:confused::confused::confused: meaning what???

and btw, a 600hp anything, let alone a civic is boderline unstreetable, a 600hp civ is definitely not dd-able
i have a few friends here who drive around over 600 DD. If you have control over your foot than anything is streetable as long as its on pump gas and tuned to where you can drive around daily there is no problem having a 1000hp car.
and yes 450 is streetable i agree but the HP is all according to what the owner wants ya know i just want a dyno sheet and then a good e/t then i will be satisfied

Back