Tab/ Spring-loaded Clip that holds Throw Out Bearing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
so my brother in law found a 91 SI tranny for his EF, problem is i noticed that the throwout bearing wasn't on the tranny, my brother-in-law said the guy gave him the bearing that went with that tranny. so i check out this tranny, it is a SI. guy gave hmi the shift linkage, mounts, all that jazz. problem is the reason why the throw out bearing wasn't on the input shaft is that the two tabs on the spring-loaded clip that the throw out bearing connects to are broken off. now the one the old DX tranny is good. is there any way to swap them so the throw out will pull back OR will it cause any problems if they are broke? i've never had this problem before so i wasn't sure. thanks. please let me know bc i have to put the tranny back in tomorrow!!!

i imagine the dx and si tranny throwout bearing return spring assemblies are identical so it shouldn't cause a problem swapping them. it will definitely cause a problem if its not installed, so dont do that lol.

91-12-5-1.jpg

91-12-5-1.jpg

Back