Tach acting up mysteriously, then stops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Aleaf.CRX

Well, just a quick question. A little while ago, my tachometer was going out of control. It would bounce all over the place. But, now that I think about it, it doesn't do it anymore. I thought maybe it was just gonna take a dump and I could replace it, but since it doesn't do it anymore, I don't know what to make of it. Any ideas???

Voltage issue, resistance in the circuit, speed sensor perhaps. It is something that needs to be diagnosed. I actually have a tool from Snap-On that tests tachometers. Even comes with a voltage chart for domestic/asian cars. :thumbsup: If it still happens, take the car to a shop and tell them its been an intermittent problem and they will look at it. If they aren't half stupid than they will find the problem.

Nah, my mechanics are awesome. Doesn't seem like too much of a problem though, right?
if it ant broke dont fix it, but its prolly just a fuse or a vss starting to go out

Hm... I'm not sure, but I think it might've done it even after it was fixed. Either way that's a good observation, I didn't even think of that. So, if it happens again, I know what to expect now lol???

you were just crackin insane vtack levels thats all,,,lol j/p
but it probably was the dizzy,

Cool, well, after a little driving, it would be back to normal and the same for the rest of the day. Next day, same deal. Could that have anything to do with the idle also??? My idle still bounces, someone told me it the choke or some shit, but I dunno....

Oh yeah, I think someone said something about that once... could you provide a pic and explain what to do. I'll research it also, but I don't usually come up with any real info on google and that. k, thanks!

Back