1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tach bucking

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by powerdriverh22, Jul 21, 2005.

1. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

i swaped in a jdm h22 into my accord and everything went smothly until it came down to the dist. i went ahead and just converted the motor to an external coil . i used the accord coil and i have had some bucking problems and i can not figure out what is causing it. i know a guy who said that he can convert the motor back to the internal coil, should i do that? or do i just have a prob with the coil or something? the dist is brand new. PLEASE HELP!!

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

I had a similar problem on my prelude. The change over to the internal coil is pretty easy, and i havent had a problem with my tach since.

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

I haven't had any problems with internal or external coil. I'd test the coil.

4. saleem837

saleem837 Junior Member

5. saleem837

saleem837 Junior Member

Any ideas, anyone please lol?

6. tab

tab Super Moderator

Any competent mechanic with a multimeter can test the coil. There are specs that can be easily checked.

Next, you can check the ignitor by swapping in one from another distributor. Accord and prelude parts are interchangeable here. The differences between the distributors are here:

The housings between F and H are different. Also, the shaft has differences.

The coils are different, but I believe they only have changed part numbers because of the mounting locations. They are essentially the same.

Some are internal, some are external. The right cap has to be chosen for that style.

That being said, you could convert the distributor yourself, especially if you have a couple extra dizzys laying around like I do. You need a good philips screwdriver, some snap ring pliers, a clean bench, and some patience. The internals of the distributors were not made to be replaced piece by piece. You could use A SHOT DISTRIBUTOR and not touch your good one. All of the internals are traded out in the swap anyway.
    Your other choice is to just add an internal coil to your existing distributor and hack up the wiring a bit. That's no fun, so I would opt against it.

7. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

went ahead and changed it over to internal coil and it wasnt too bad...no bucking anymore it works great!!! the ingnitor was bad on that one so that might have been part of the problem.

8. tab

tab Super Moderator

cool, that ignitor is MAD easy to change

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted