tach problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sinezter

ok so i have a 89 civic hatch dx, and i swaped in a zc... but anywayz i just bought a tach and i got the ground hooked up and the power... but when i hooked up the green rpm wire to the blue rpm wire inside the dizzy and turn on the car and nothing happend... any ideas?

well u have to cut them but your not supposed to cut it off the blue one your just supposed to tap into it.

ok well ima try this all agin, but is there a way to just hook it up to the ecu? if so wat pin would i hook it up to?

im not sure on that one i just tapped my into the blue wire on the dizzy hook up to the postive and negitive and found a wire in the dash that lites up something for the illumination.

ok nvrmind i fixed it, apparintly u need to also connect the light wire for the rpm to work..

aight now i have a new problem, the light turns on on the tach, but its not bright at all... i cant see the tach for shit at night time, is there a way to fix this?

i hooked it up to the dim lights switch, and there was three wires comeing from that and i hooked it to the middle black wire

did you try moving the dimmer switch to make it more bright or less bright try that once. cuz i hooked mine up to the rear defrost wire that lights that switch up and my tach is bright as all hell.

i tryed that alredy and it dosnt dim the tach or make it brighter, it just stays the same... so i gess ima try and hook it to the rear defrosters, but what wire did you hook it to?

i got a test light and tested to see which wire turned hot when i lite the lights up.

Back