1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tach Wiring In 5g Civic Sir2

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by 95a2civic, Apr 30, 2003.

1. 95a2civic

95a2civic Junior Member

COULD NE ONE TELL ME THE EASIEST WAY TO HOOK UP AMN AFTERMARKET TACH IN MY 95 CIVIC W/ SIR2 SWAP, I HAVE NO AFTERMARKET IGNITION. IM CONFUSED HERE, THANKS ;) ALLS I NEED TO KNOW IS WHERE TO RUN THE SIGNAL WIRE THAAAANKKK YOOOOUUU|!

2. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

no need to yell dood, take your caps lock off...lol

3. sol2nr

sol2nr Member

signal wire should be tapped into the blue "bundle" in the engine compartment. it is located under the hood hinge on the drivers side. thats the rpm relay. someone please correct me if i'm wrong

-rob

4. onefastcivic

onefastcivic Senior Member

no my friend you are correct i had a aftermarket tach in my 5gen and that is where i hooked it up and it works and the needle doesnt jump

5. 95a2civic

95a2civic Junior Member

thank you guys!!!! :D :worthy:

6. 93dxKID

93dxKID Member

for my aftermarket tach my friend just told me to tap into one of the green wires i think it was, blue or green - that goes in to the guage cluster...works fine, - is it as accurate as the wires your talking about, i don't have the swap but would that even matter...i plan on moving my tach when i get some more guages, after my question is answered perhaps ill tap in to the blue wires you mentioned

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted