tachometer is fuxored

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
well the tach on the integra (95 LS auto) is acting funny. it randomly twitches. like its not reading the actual rpm, just doing what it wants. like if i floor it, and you watch the needle it will start jumping up way higher then its really revving. is this a problem with the tach? the signal from the distributor?

it could be a wiring issue, but not sure, i have see tachs all of a sudden just break, check your wiring, you may have a wire too close to a hot wire and may cause the jumpingness of the needle, sorry if i couldn't be more help.

my wiring? the car is bone stock man. the only thing ever done to this thing has been an oil change. all wiring is how it came from the factory.

your tach may have some corroded wiring or shorted wiring in it causing surges in the electron flow from your engine, simple to fix, but im not sure why youd be so worried about a tach when you drive an auto, unless you manually shift it, plus if you want a new tachometer, when i bought my civic it had an autometer tach in it with a spiffy shift light, i dont have the engine mods to warrant a 15,000 rpm tach so i took it out, its yours for 25 bucks plus shipping

do you have any pics of it? i might be interested in it for my other car... hit me up on AIM if you have it, GSRCRXSi 314

the only pics i have of it are of my car before i took it out, i can take some more for ya. it works perfectly, i just want it out of my garage

Back