tachometer questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brownkobe8

ok well lately just saving my money and buyin part by part to do my tranny conversion
like now i have master and slave cylinder and stage 2 clutch. So my question like my heading about the tachometer so ya my buddy wrecked his mits. and he pulled everything out before they took it the wrecker so he gave me his tach with red shift light. so like i was thinking bout installin it on my ls its and automatic and some told me bout racin auto is to go from 1 to 4 and other just doin torque jump by playin with neutral pressing brake pedal rev engine once then back to drive to get that right jump start. So my question is can use the tach w/ shift light and if i plan to race by switchin gears and i wont look at my tachometer i was thinking using aftermarket tach for i wont hit the rev and burn the engine out so is it a bad idea to place the tach. and my other question is a bad idea to race automatic by goin to 1 to 4

Back