Tachometers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flydex28

This may be a dumb question but are tachometers car specific. I dont have one in my car but I am thinking about using one from the shop temporarily cause I want to see when vtec engages if it is at all.

I know we have a few 5" autometers laying around but they are the liquid filled ones and have "FORD" on the face of them. We used them in racecars. Oh and redline on the sir2 is 7800 correct?....thanks.

Quoted post[/post]]

I know we have a few 5" autometers laying around but they are the liquid filled ones and have "FORD" on the face of them. We used them in racecars. Oh and redline on the sir2 is 7800 correct?....thanks.

SiR 2 redline - 8.2k.

Vtec kicks in @ 5.8k

There i saved you the trouble of hooking up a tach :)

lol thanks...no I asked about those tachs last night and they wont work. I guess they are only for v8's and need to be wired into something like a msd box. Oh well. I just wanted to hook one up because I dont think my vtec is kicking in and I wanted to compare.
I'm just going to have to do some troubleshooting tonight.

(SiR 2 redline - 8.2k, Vtec kicks in @ 5.8k)?

I thought the B16B redline was 8.2 and the sir2 was 7.8.

Now this one from this site is giving this info...Does anyone know a good site to find out all the info on the JDM sir2 engine.

B16A SiR II
170@7600
116@7000

If you want to see if Vtec is engaging, just put a meter on the voltage supply to the vtec solenoid. That will tell you if the solenoid is being activated or not.

Back