Taco may have Boost! need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sorry I missed a lot. Work is crazy! I was reading on the crsx forums and decided on a peak boost kit. Then I saw the price tag and thought of the other stuff I need to upgrade. I'm not balling that big yet.

Ill use the money on a good header,exhaust and rbc.

bump bump bump bump =)

Here's the problem with going FI, you either do it right or go home.
If you are dead set on going FI make sure you're not buying things that will end up being resold/trashed at a later date.

Header will go bye bye, the exhaust chances are wont be up to the task for FI so that could also go bye bye. Money spend, Money wasted.

Again, I can't push it enough, if you think it will cost 5K total, have 8K ready.

Funny how things change so quickly.

I was offered a clean shell powered by a JDM gsr with new pistons.
$1800 although it's in a hatch and i'm not too fond off.

Now I found out we may take a 500 88 CRX as a trade!
hmmm.

I guess this thread is about to change subject and have been diverted away from turbo. I am one of those go big or go home kind of guy. I also know my financial position and can't do that right now.

FOr now I have settled for some upgrades to the header, intake and exhaust and suspension. Cams later and thats about it.

here's my new list. Header and exhaust will be ordered this week if all goes well.
Club RSX.com: A'PEXi N1 Exhaust: RSX Type-S
Club RSX.com: ClubRSX Stainless Steel Race Header or a Strup Club RSX.com: Strup Polished Stainless Steel Race Header

and of course an RBC with Hondata gasket.

Still debating on suspension and can't seem to get a definite answer to prformance and ride quality. most important is stance. I hate the saggy butt look on some RSX models.

Eibach is what alot of people are raving about and I like the Koni yellows
I just don't know which line of Eibach....sportline or other.

huh.

you should just get some full body coilovers for it so you can set it wherever you want. i remember when i was thinking about lowering my fiancees RSX, i did a lot of research on crsx... i think i remember hearing that the eibachs do give it the saggy butt look.

Funny how things change so quickly.

I was offered a clean shell powered by a JDM gsr with new pistons.
$1800 although it's in a hatch and i'm not too fond off.

Now I found out we may take a 500 88 CRX as a trade!
hmmm.

I guess this thread is about to change subject and have been diverted away from turbo. I am one of those go big or go home kind of guy. I also know my financial position and can't do that right now.

FOr now I have settled for some upgrades to the header, intake and exhaust and suspension. Cams later and thats about it.

here's my new list. Header and exhaust will be ordered this week if all goes well.
Club RSX.com: A'PEXi N1 Exhaust: RSX Type-S
Club RSX.com: ClubRSX Stainless Steel Race Header or a Strup Club RSX.com: Strup Polished Stainless Steel Race Header

and of course an RBC with Hondata gasket.

Still debating on suspension and can't seem to get a definite answer to prformance and ride quality. most important is stance. I hate the saggy butt look on some RSX models.

Eibach is what alot of people are raving about and I like the Koni yellows
I just don't know which line of Eibach....sportline or other.

huh.

I need a CRX shell. Send it my way. Have an extra set of 88-91 Civic Pro-Kits too. ;)

You don't have to do it big to do it right.

CRX with a GRS swap with basic bolt ons and kick ass suspension > > > > > > 350WHP RSX/Civic

usable power is awesome even if its less. Not usable power = kinda fun for a day or two then gets boring fast.

I get what you're saying Jeffie. My LSV crx was super fun on the street and loved it. Thats all i wanted since I wasn't out to prove anything. Now I want that fun and then some. My issue was the all motor cost HP VS power adder like a turbo.

I spent some dough on that LSV with the whole bottom end and head internals so instead I wanted to see if I could get something bigger numbers for the same price with alot more HP. especially in a K series!

If I get my hands on a crx shell for cheap i have no problem going with a B series again. IMO they are cheaper to build, tune and so forth.

As of right now I'll worry about making my RSX fun to drive. Thanks to you guys showing me the light again I'll put some money in the pocket for when the right idea to come my way.

If you really want a street car that's fun, ditch the honda. or buy an S2000.

too small.:( I thought about it from our Honda store but they are tiny up close.

I ordered an RBC intake manifold today and the hondata gasket. Also went ahead got some ES motor mount inserts for extra precaution.

When it comes in I'll continue it in the RSX thread. Should be fun. :)

did you pay the extra 50.00 for the pre modified one ? if not your gona have to cut some of it off

well it could be either or. i know crsx use to sale them both ways. see if its un cut you have to actually cut about 2 inches off the manifold its self. but from what it looks like your getting the one thats already pre cut. but im not 100% on that

yeah I ordered the precut. I'm stoked to get it in!

I'm still unsure of suspension though. Coilover would be the best all around since they are adjustable and less hassle to install. (I assume).

so far I've found the Skunk2 to be best in reputation for the price.
Anyone have any comments on their experience with these?

Evo/sti/wrx/350z?

I take it you had all of these?

Skunk2 pro S coilovers are what I can afford next month. Anything beyond 1000 too would be more than what i need.

I don't want the bouncy bottoming out feel.

Back