Taco's Crx type R build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
Well as many know I bought Bakerboy's CRX a few months....well almost a year ago.

Since then it's been slow and have been piecing together parts.
As of now I have...
Jdm Type R engine (virgin)
Ys1 LSD transmission

The biggest and most important part is of course my crx. :)
Here's the recent pictures from yesterday at my brother's shop.

Attachments

• crx4.jpg
    crx4.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 302
  • crx5.jpg
    crx5.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 300
  • CRX 2.jpg
    CRX 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 282
  • crx 3.jpg
    crx 3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 315
  • crx.jpg
    crx.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 309
It does have a wire tuck. :)

Here's more of the sleeping monstro.

Attachments

• IMG954255.jpg
    IMG954255.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG954662.jpg
    IMG954662.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 319
  • tranny1.jpg
    tranny1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 284
  • tranny2.jpg
    tranny2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 322
Now my question to you guy's is.

Where do you guy's shop for flywheel and clutch kits?

EBay or you can use one of our new vendors. I think cape customs just posted a sweet deal on clutches recently. They are in Florida too.

Last edited:
Im a firm believer on the exedy and fidanza clutch and flywheel kit on ebay for less than 300. great kit for the price and it handles excellent.

I have an ACT clutch that has held up pretty nicely on my boosted LS. flywheel ive always run the stock one so i cant be of too much assistance there.

I've had an AT flywheel and worked for me.
A clutch kit would be really ideal so I'll check ebay.

:checking up on our vendor now:

well I found ebay to be the best source.
Our vendor seems to have some parts but could not realy navigate through website to look for parts. hmm

I've always used Exedy for clutch and the pedal was always perfect.
the motor may see boost in the future so i want to get the right parts that will last for both.

As of last night the door jams were painted so I try to get some shots tonight.

MAtt: what weight flywheel did ou use?

i used my OEM flywheel, but had it resurfaced. with the b16 trans on my car, it was already running through the gears all to quickly, and i figured less rotating mass there would just contribute to my wheel spin. are you set on running an aftermarket one?

nahh. I just wanted to use something new and fresh.

I'll look into resurfacing the oem one and see how it looks. it will be cheaper for sure. :lol:
Right now I'm shopping for a clutch and it looks like Exedy's got some pretty good selections with driveability.

I have had good luck with spec clutches. the stage 1 is a great dd clutch and the stage 2 units handle abuse very well.

nahh. I just wanted to use something new and fresh.

I'll look into resurfacing the oem one and see how it looks. it will be cheaper for sure. :lol:
Right now I'm shopping for a clutch and it looks like Exedy's got some pretty good selections with driveability.

well, its a Type r flywheel.. so its already a little lighter than other b-series flywheels.. i'd just stick w/ that one

imho resurface the ITR flywheel and pick up an exedy stage 2. best bang for the buck with very good products.

The Fidanza flywheel's are nice, and you can replace the surface plate if ever needed.

Hmmm i think i have a fidanza or unorthodox flywheel. hmmmm.
It looks like hell but the guy told me it was an ACT.

I'll see if i can find it

get a picture if you find it, I can tell which kind it might be..

Back