Taco's Crx type R build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

will do man. The zip ties and electrical tape will be used ALOT.

will do man. The zip ties and electrical tape will be used ALOT.

ALOT.png

Hyperbole and a Half: The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

yeah that 3m stuff is awesome (inner lining is yellow). I did some more wiring under the dash last night.

only thing left is VTS,VTP and that's just about it. All power and ground cables will be replaced with 4awg and 8awg.

Injectors coming back onto firewall.
IMG_0809.jpg

Alternator wires heading back to passenger side along with blue wire for IACV.
IMG_0808.jpg

Cut and solder!
IMG_0807.jpg

Last edited:
Let's see some pics we can pick at! ;)

I need to fininsh up the wiring cleanup on mine and re-do the ground with a new one. Also need to install the O2 sensor plug that Brad sent me - it's still hard wired with inline crimps (butt connectors). And do the work at the ECU. :)

I remember when you were troubleshooting and you mentioned buying a harness. What happened there? Without going back and reading through 2000 posts. You kept working the re-worked/custom stock one right? Till you figured it out?

What kind of numbers did you get on the Dyno pulls?

Last edited:
ohh trust me you'll see some pics I'm not proud of.
one thing I can suggest when doing a re-route is to NOT cut it before removing ALL loom, tape and everything.

I noticed afterwards that I could have easily cut the injector wires, ran them and re-soldered them.

I started with a clean type R harness and cut it to match the obd0 pins. After a missing ground frustrated me i used a 88 CRX harness and swapped out injector plugs and dizzy.
it was a still ugly, old and falling apart so i decided to label every wire once again and run fresh 16-18awg for more flexibility and of course peace of mind.

it's still ghetto but slowly coming along. :)

I re-did the main trunk harness to the engine on mine too. Ran a piggy back wire for the high amp alternator (160A rated) and didn't like it on the outside and taped, so I opened it up and re-did it with the wire inside. Also re-doing the dizzy connectors. Matter of fact I still need an inline fuse in the new alternator charge wire.

Started out with it on the outside and just taped.

Wiring%208.jpg

Then, like you, I pulled the whole thing apart and re-wrapped it all with new tubing and tape.

Wiring%206.jpg

looks solid man :thumbsup: I finally got mine done yesterday and got a chance to drive it for a bit.

the weird thing is that literally after getting it fired back up I got a call from a family friend or a friend who wants to see my CRX. They both come over and he tells me his crazy and sucky story :lol:

he owns a shop specializing in swaps and mostly autocross vehicle's. He keeps a single cam yellow CRX who is a good client of his. It's a stripped, clean shell with roll cage, built single cam, blah blah autocross car. it's pretty quick from what i hear.
He's at his shop friday night working and realizes the battery is dead on it so he take it out for a drive and the throttle cable sheers and gets stuck. He taps the throttle to hopefully loosen it and it makes it worse....... runs it in a ditch at 50mph and ruines it.

sooooooo now he's in a pickle to get the car back up to running condition and needs a shell just as clean if not cleaner than the wrecked car. That's where i come in. I get an offer of 2k for the NON ROLLING SHELL.
I keep.......
-type R swap
- wiring
-Ksport coilovers
- rear disks
- mint JDM (or canadian?) seats
- full race traction bars
- fat fives
- even the sunroof

practically everything inside since it's gonna get stripped down.
I've got 2 peeps wanting dibs on the motor so it's possible that after today the entire car gets stripped and prepped for autocross.

I would say yet another crx unfinished but it's not. i finished it, drove it and may find a good home. :lol:

I'll snap some pics ASAP. It still needs little minor stuff but it handles and drive AMAZING. I just wish i had some cams for that type R :(

I sold my little pickup truck as well and saving up money for a possible rebuild on my WRX.

end of story.

kind of but I got to enjoy it for a few hours. :)

I sold the shell for 2300k (included traction bars and rear disks) and get to keep the full interior, seats, wheels, K sport Coils, motor, etc.

Motor is for sale now but will try to sell it locally. Just in case someone is near by....
B18C Type R w/new flywheel and Clutch
RMF header
JDM B16 tranny non lsd
JDM B16 LSD (with no Diff)
Chipped and tuned P28 w/ harness
4 Axles ( spares )
DC2 Cluster
Misc items

$2,150

thats a good price there.

I've been considering parting out my sol and starting with something new. Let me know how easily you were able to sell your motor for.

Looking awesome man... Deff agree with Nettting and Electrical tape :p

yeah I saw that but was too lazy to edit. :p
supposed to get my money today. :)

Coilovers should sold Sat. for 300.

meanwhile.........I've already ordered parts for a full rebuild on a Sti block for the WRX. muahhhhhh.

I did the pics on my Iphone :lol:

stupid work filters

Tis a sad affair, but out with the old and in with the new.

Don't you also have an RSX too?

Back