Taco's Crx type R build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i got the crx because I wanted a fast weekend car but a nice daily driver.
once I found my WRX i had the best of both compared to the crx and rsx.

1 month after trading the rsx the next owner ended up totalling it. :(
soooooo I think this is where my last honda build will lay as I have fallen into the AWD side.

i dont see myself building anything else other a crx. if so it will be a ugly ass car with a nice motor. I got a chance to put together what I thought back in the da to be my ultimate swap.....type R motor in Crx...but with cars getting faster and faster I'm gonna have to step up my game.

I'm not killing the thread just yet. The crx's life continues......just as an autocross car ;)

annnnnd I'm back in the game :lol:
out of the Blue I was able to pick up this baby for cheap. figured why not?
worst case I sell it an make a profit :p

77219c1f.jpg

2000 SI with 101k all stock other than lowering springs and short ram intake

2500 smackers.
Needs
Vc gasket
Right motor mount and some weird noise coming from back wheels. Tires have 90% tread and interior is fine. I do have to replace the trac clips for glass window but all in all the repairs are less than 150.
I'll drive that for mpg while the wrx block gets finished and installed.

Super clean. Good daily driver amigo. So cheap. How'd you come across it?

Guy came in looking for truck on the lot and after shooting the shit I told him I'd buy it instead trading it in.
After picking it apart and realizing how it drives I thought my offer was fair

I've already got offers on it! Damn this body style seems to be popular even after 12 years.
I'm in Cali right now but I did have a chance to insure the car for when I return.

You know it weird theres something about this car that I like. Unlike the wrx i don't car about modifing, appearance or speed. I just like the mpgs.

Yeah. And with gas going up, not a bad idea man.

How's the cali treating you? The long distance deal working?

its ok. were making it i guess.
I was going crazy without her but last night it was like the first time we met in regards touvhing, smelling, and just plain seeing her. as weird as it sounds i guess it somewhat keeping our marriage from getting too boring to fast.

The gas in FL has risen .15 in the last month so I think I will keep the car for a bit. After the WRX get finished I have a feeling my 21mpg's will be over. I'm shooting for some good numbers so a daily fuel economy car may not be a bad idea. :lol:

got to go pick up mrs. taco....see ya!

Back