Taco's Crx type R build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the goal is to be a total sleeper. :)
I like you're bidy style better. Although the Si's are more wanted here, I personally have fallen in love with the DX's. the doors especially.

I hate the seatbelt mechanism on my Si. :(

Yeah thats the only thing I hated about the Si's if you forget your seat belt on and swing the door open plan on getting choked...

We never had those retarded seat belts here but my Si sunroof pisses me off sometimes. :(

I'm liking the build a lot. :D

Last edited:
I was thinking of getting rid of them......
Once I get back and start tackling the engine bay it's gonna get interesting.

Update: just scored some Full race traction bars for 200 bucks.

thanks for looking guys.

Yeah you can change them but I think you have to change the female end on the seat to match the new ones, and get different door panels..

Yeah you can change them but I think you have to change the female end on the seat to match the new ones, and get different door panels..

thank Ethan:

I have to change the door panels, or at least get them re-done since they're scrached and torn. No bad so it's not on my priority list.

I just wish I had more time to work on it. :(

Question:

OK. So i'm almost ready to order a clutch kit and flywheel and have narrowed my search.

My question is to confirm, really. With my transmission I would need an Integra 90-91 (B18a1) clutch right?
It's an LSD B16 transmission.
* keep in mind this will not be a daily driver and will most likely be modified later.
S2 pro2 cams is the only mod I plan in the near future.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKUN...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This is what I'm looking at purchasing through Ebay.
ACT Product Search | Products ~ ACT / Performance Clutch Kits, Clutches and Flywheels

Obviously feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Well finally got an update.
On my birthday I decided to treat myself by creating a paypal account and getting started.;)

Due to some possibly lifre changes inthe future....another thread later to come I decided an exedy stage 1 was plenty enough for the crx.

Order it along it long with a 12.5 ACT flywheel. I wanted to order some S2 pro 2's as well but decided to wait until I get the car running.

Later that day my other friend suprised me with some nice JBL power series components so I got the bass itch again and bought a C3 10" memphis sub and rca-to aux jack for my phone. should sound very clean and tight with a full sytem now...can't wait. :)

Once the parts come in the motor and tranny will finally be one. Then I should have some interesting pics this weekend if all shows up in time.

that is all folks! stay tuned

guess who got some goodies!
it only took 2 days which i thought was awesome shipping time.

I might actually have some progress pics this weekend if the motor and tranny can be put together. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20110317_211129.jpg
    IMG_20110317_211129.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 177
SWEET! Your clutch comes with a three puck AND a solid disc? Awesome! Wonder how engagement is... ;)

very funny.:rimshot:

I was so excited i had to open the flywheel box to see it in person. :)
boxed it back up and put it in the car for tomorrow.

Back