Taco's Crx type R build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You mentioned life changes. Baby? And how is the immigration stuff going?

did he say... m m m maybe pics?!?!? :D

trust me I want to take pics... :)
The car is at my parents house and the motor is at our Acura store.

I work 6 days a week so time is very precious.....

as for life changes I may be moving out of state.....the last state I ever would see my self in...

CALI-FREAKING-FORNIA

:SIGH:

I don't know yet. Mrs. Taco just got into vet school and as much as I want to be happy.................i'm not :(

BACK to topic:

Hope fully have some build pics this weekend so I'll keep you guys updated.

I did a little today. just cleaning up the wiring.
IMG_20110321_182734.jpg

IMG_20110321_191633.jpg

This confused the crap out of me though...... what's this bakerboy?
IMG_20110321_183104.jpg

IMG_20110321_183058.jpg

IMG_20110321_193310.jpg

And how much can I get for this? it's a really light flywheel I made by Fidanza or something.
IMG_20110321_195117.jpg

IMG_20110321_195104.jpg

IMG_20110321_195058.jpg

Last edited:
I figured by the time the motor goes in it will be easier and more flexible when hiding than the loom.
for some reason I hate loom. :(

I see you are planning on getting S2P2's. You know you should have around 12:1 compression and springs/retainers capable of handling the lift & rpms. I'm doing a very similar build & am stumped on cams.

Cali isnt horrible, but it can be tricky. Just got to be honest with the ref, and be open, and most of the time, they will actually even help out with ideas on how to make things better, or legal.

I have a friend that has a 1987 volvo, with an LT1 in it. Completely smogged and legal. Damnedest thing Ive seen.

Welcome to the state, which part of Cali did you end up on?

Nice build, subbed, and I really like those long tube headers, They're pretty awesome.

I've lived in Cali my whole life. I'm a gearhead. I'm not a millionaire.

Taco, you'd love it out here.

I know. :)

Just none of my cars would have passed inspection in California... everywhere else yes, but not there.

well I don't know where we'll end up just yet.
She got accepted and we are waiting on Mississippi.

99si Sidude: yeah I planned on getting the S2 and decided the S2 will be good enough until I decide to build further. Biggest reason is the cost difference you know......
for 60 bucks extra why the hell not?

I think i'll be ok for now.

I'm excited for mrs taco although not to comfortable with passing a job that will eventually lead me to 100k a year.

so let get this straight.
If you want to drive it in the street legally with registration you HAVE to pass emissions correct?

"passing" emissions is subjective. There are ways to pass without really passing.

You would have to pass BAR first. You can have the cleanest burning engine ever, but if it does not meet the regulations then its a no go.

Back