taco's new ride!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it depends on what pics your looking for taco, I can see a bunch under car audio section in the style section. alot of the users did the double din dvd systems.

i havent done anything to my system yet, I been looking at double dins but i am still unsure on which brand i want. I was going to buy a alpine iva-w200 but the reviews arent all that good,

there a bunch of how-to's on there. I have used a couple of them for my alarm install and hid install

HID's are for sure going on. :)

I was driving at night with the wife and right when i mentioned hids, she jumped in and said," i was just about to say that!":lol: so i was pretty excited was into the car just as much as i was.

6k are my favorite. white clean light. Her civic is so clean with them on.

I got an idea of what i want on the car audio.

fiberglass box with the w7 angled up to the hatch. the amps will be on either end also fiberglassed. Right behind the box will be the extra battery and fuses. All doors will have JBL power series components. the box will be wrapped in onyx black suade.

should look clean and invisible when the rear cover is on.

yeah i have 6k's myself and love em. 8k is to blue for my taste. only bad part is you have to take off your ft bumper to install hids unless you have very tiny hands.
my ballast cables werent long enough so i had to mount the ballast's behind the headlights and fenders.

there is a wire on the stock alarm you can cut so that way when the alarm goes off it doesnt flash the headlights.

some ass crackers tried to steal my rsx the night before i picked it up at the dealer. so i installed a aftermarket alarm also.

highly recommend a set of foglights they look sick on the rsx.

i want fogs too. I guess i just get oem rsx fogs?

thanks for the heads up on the Hids. I dont think i'll cut the alarm wire since they dont give me issues. My turn signal lights are the only ones that really turn since i lock it with the remote. I only had one weird incident with the alarm going off. no biggie.

thanks and rep for you! :lol:

i want fogs too. I guess i just get oem rsx fogs?

thanks for the heads up on the Hids. I dont think i'll cut the alarm wire since they dont give me issues. My turn signal lights are the only ones that really turn since i lock it with the remote. I only had one weird incident with the alarm going off. no biggie.

thanks and rep for you! :lol:
your wire may all ready be cut. but if its not and you do install the hids you will want to cut that wire so that what the hids arent flashing . they way to check is set your alarm and set it off to see if the headlights do flash

yeah oem fogs all the way, I havent done my fogs yet but thats next on my list. there is some good kits on ebay, and on club rsx
Club RSX.com: Body Kit & Exterior > Foglights

also for your indash dvd the recommendation is the metra dash kit
Club RSX.com: Car Audio

thanks for the rep :thumbsup:\

oh and 10% window tint is the bombdiggity

Last edited:
buddy just took my car to his shop to meet up with the mobile detail guy.

buddies gonna work on his bro's prelude AND install my double din and run the rca wires to the back of the car.

cant wait to get it back this afternoon. :)

i'll post up some pics tonight.

got it back this afternoon. car looks amazing. the piioneer dvd player work great too. its fast and very user friendly. I'll take some shot tomorrow when the sun comes out.

its dark here by around 6pm because of the time change. ohh the k20 looks sexy again.:cool:

HID's are for sure going on. :)

Do it the right way and drop in HID projectors. Kits always throw a ton of glare- I hate driving at night with the kit wannabies on the road.

At the very least, get a kit that attempts to be beam corrected.

didnt know there was a different style. what do mean projectors? the ones the wife has are the ballast ans replace the factory bulbs.

i'll look into them and see how much they cost.

didnt have tiome to shoot anymore. The outside looks great but was full of condensation this morning :( The Pioneer sounds great. cant wait to get the rest of the audio stuff in there.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

nice

makes me want a double din even more

They are so cheap! Right now they have reduced the 6 disc dvd player they have. Can remember the model but it looks wayy better than this one. Unfortunatly the preouts and voltage is pretty lame.

you can find them online for about 350 used up to $450 new. Newer model single din cd players cost that much.

I love it.

i have just normal hid in mine and they work great but if i have to do it over i will retro fit, clubrsx is only good for parts other than that dont waste your time there. and wait until you get insurance on it your gona love that lol

ok just to be clear I'm still stuck on Calesta's projector Hid's.

i'm not replacing bulbs, nor putting blue covers over my bulbs.

I'm installing a kit that comes with ballasts and hi intensity bulbs. It cost me 150 installed. anymore money than that is not worth it to me.

i think he is talking about a retro fit kit, it uses a real hid projector from a oem hid kit like s2000 ect ect. you take apart your stock housing and put those in it

Back