taco's new ride!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Make sure to get a stainless steel piece to match up to your Buddy Club- that way it won't rust. Get the largest Magnaflow resonator section that you can fit into the section of pipe before the resonator. They're usually stainless steel, and they won't have fiberglass packing that can burn up and blow out. I'm pretty sure they use steel mesh for their sound insulation- check the website. It's a little more than AutoZone special, but worth the cash... maybe $50 or so at a muffler shop compared to your $20.

its really weird. i took it took my buddis shop and pulled into the oil change bay to see under the car. From the cat to the first bend before the rsonator is semi flatened. weird. I'm assuming its to no fall below a certain point in the car but its really weird. Anyway, I'm gona do what your saying CAL. Its the only way unless i want to get rid of the axle back and find not only a good muffler but one with a decent looking tip.

there is rust under that :(

Attachments

• IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 204
i dont know. I think it might have to do with my bro in law and where he parked it.

He parked it under alot of trees with no sunlight. So when it rained, all of the soggy damp shady surrounding kept the water from evaporating fast enough. thats the only thing i could think of.

I also found water under the rear seats AND trunk. I think the passenger side drain line is clogged as well.

idk it might be a bad design flaw in the rsx, when it rains like cats and dogs out here i get water in my trunk also, and looks like the rust is in the same spots on the your sunroof as mine is. there is a honda junkyard out here i am going to go check their rsx's sunroofs

i saw one for sale on TR for cheap ($50). I was thinking of removing it when i do the headliner, sanding it down,wipe with ospho rust stop and repspray with rustoleum. Its under the plastic so its not like its going to be seen

we shall see. :( when i saw that water i thought of ALL my crx from the past.

Have you blown out the drain hoses? Since it was parked under trees, they may have gotten leaves/crap in them and the water just backs up and drains inside.
It's real easy, just open the sunroof, use a air-hose and blow them out. If it acts like it's clogged. pour a little water down them and then blow them out. The water under pressure helps move the blockage faster.

Just my .02

E

where's the drain hos from the sunroof? I didnt think you could acces it with out removing the headliner.

I guess i could find the other end and blow it back to the sunroof...hmm

Anyway, I'm gona do what your saying CAL. Its the only way unless i want to get rid of the axle back and find not only a good muffler but one with a decent looking tip.

:thumbsup:

Sucks about the rust- but it's better than having a giant hole in your convertible top and having water POUR into the car when it rains.

The drain holes should be either in all 4 corners, accessable from the top-outside. Yeah, you could see them from above the headliner but THAT'S TOO MUCH WORK.
Take a blower nozzel and whit the sunroof open, blow around the corners where the seal of the glass rests when closed, and look for small (3/8"+) openings. 'Gently' dig around with a small screwdriver if there is crap that isn't blown away. And then blow the compressed air down them.
You gotta use common sense now.. If it's clogged enough where it won't blow, use a plastic line/hose to poke in there. They are held on by clamps similar to the other ones Honda uses but are of less tension and have longer 'legs'?, so you might blow them/pry them off.. Then you WILL have to pull the headliner.

Another Cheap way to make a better seal is to pull the glass out. Gently do the same with the seal around them and then just lightly push the seal/weatherstripping back on, letting the force of the power window do the rest.
This way, the seals sticks up/out just a little bit more taking up any previous irregularities. This works easily on door/window seals too, and stops wind noise.
OH, and get a can of Silicone spray and mist over the seals when finished. Use the 'jet nozzel' with window down, and spray into the channel of the window rubbers that guide the glass up and down. It WILL save wear and tear on the motor/your arm. If the glass is tinted, it's easily cleaned off without damage.

Sorry for not replying sooner.

E

The drain holes should be either in all 4 corners, accessable from the top-outside. Yeah, you could see them from above the headliner but THAT'S TOO MUCH WORK.
Take a blower nozzel and whit the sunroof open, blow around the corners where the seal of the glass rests when closed, and look for small (3/8"+) openings. 'Gently' dig around with a small screwdriver if there is crap that isn't blown away. And then blow the compressed air down them.
You gotta use common sense now.. If it's clogged enough where it won't blow, use a plastic line/hose to poke in there. They are held on by clamps similar to the other ones Honda uses but are of less tension and have longer 'legs'?, so you might blow them/pry them off.. Then you WILL have to pull the headliner.

Another Cheap way to make a better seal is to pull the glass out. Gently do the same with the seal around them and then just lightly push the seal/weatherstripping back on, letting the force of the power window do the rest.
This way, the seals sticks up/out just a little bit more taking up any previous irregularities. This works easily on door/window seals too, and stops wind noise.
OH, and get a can of Silicone spray and mist over the seals when finished. Use the 'jet nozzel' with window down, and spray into the channel of the window rubbers that guide the glass up and down. It WILL save wear and tear on the motor/your arm. If the glass is tinted, it's easily cleaned off without damage.

Sorry for not replying sooner.

E

damn. I'll do that this saturday! I'm building a temporary box for my 13w7 so i have something to jam too. While i'm there i'll take car of that sunroof issue since all the tools are available.

If its super slow i might just take the headliner off to wrap it in suade.....i already paid for it :cool:

ok i'm back and things have a gone a different direction with the RSX. I have abandoned the loud bass and am steering more towards performance and handling,well more handling really.

I just bought some new wheels
22lwg8.jpg

and I looking into some Skunk2 pro S coilover for about $850. Any thoughts?

Back