taco's new ride!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I like. Black them out. Black out the entire car. It'll look pretty mean.

Last edited:
why not just keep both the sound and performance?

weight in the back was hindering performance and handling
I'll be using a Diamond 10'' D-3 sub in a fiberglass enclosure to give me some bass. I wont need an exra battery or big box. I'll be doing something cstom fiberglas painted red.

i'll be blacking out the interior with onyx saude for the headliner and a-pillars, the door panels will have a red suade insert like the JDM Dc5's. I wih i could get red carpet but thats gonna wait.

Biggest thing sucking is time :( I work from 8:30-5pm with the shop closing at 6pm. I dont have my trucksince my bro inlaw (sold me the car) is back in town and driving that for now. He left the monistary^_^ ^_^

i wasnt diggin the rims at first but with seeing them on a rsx they look sweet, ever thought about the 17" tsx rims or the 05 type S rims?

club rsx has the skunk2 pro's on sale for 829 with free shipping.

taco I finally got a double din and installed I will have to take pics.

Last edited:
i wasnt diggin the rims at first but with seeing them on a rsx they look sweet, ever thought about the 17" tsx rims?

club rsx has the skunk2 pro's on sale for 829 with free shipping.

taco I finally got a double din and installed I will have to take pics.

sweet! how do you like it?

I wanted TL rims at first but i never really thought of tsx ones. I saw the sale club rsx had but it really isnt that much different than the skunk2 website. I'm prolly gonna get them from club RSX though. I looked for other brands but whoa are they expensive. K-sport is up there and so is tien. Unless i get some springs with different shocks but that will only leave me worried about how the combo will ride.

I want full coilover setup that way its prebuilt, and i think works better as one unit.AND i really like the red color. :lol:

I'm a big fan of using oem parts. it just looks more natural to me.

the dvd is sweet except I had sherlock homes in the other day and it was hard to see cause the movie is darker. and my jvc is built a little different so it does mount flush, im still figuring out how to flush it more

lol i just looked at your pictures and your double isnt flush either so I think im ok on the install now.

the dvd is sweet except I had sherlock homes in the other day and it was hard to see cause the movie is darker. and my jvc is built a little different so it does mount flush, im still figuring out how to flush it more

your doubldin dosnt have brightness settings?

your doubldin dosnt have brightness settings?
yeah it does, I havent play with the system to much yet, been driving my wifes Xterra

heres a couple pics i just snapped
IMG00005-20100203-2134.jpg

IMG00004-20100203-2133.jpg

im going to have to take some pics of my rsx and start a thread now.

umm yeah i need something around the 850 range. so far skunk2 is the only thing in my budget. Everyone else is mad expensive, i dont have thatkind of money...at least not yet :)

wow mine doesnt stick out that much unless it need to open up. you might need to switch the position on the brackets. look good though.

wow mine doesnt stick out that much unless it need to open up. you might need to switch the position on the brackets. look good though.
if i move the dvd player back it shows a gap, I need to make a trim ring spacer to go between the back of the mounting plate and dvd player so the gap goes away. thats what im working on now.

but i do like the player it only cost me $160. so not bad and it also has the ipod connector and has a sd slot.

wow good deal. I would leave it as is. looks fine, I just figured it could go back so more.

That dash kit is awesome, i love the way it looks. :)

wow good deal. I would leave it as is. looks fine, I just figured it could go back so more.

That dash kit is awesome, i love the way it looks. :)
the dvd player will go back more no problem its the kit it has a little gap (1/16" or so around the face of the dvd player) so I am trying to make a trim ring to fill in the gap when i move the player back to be more flush

here you go!

Attachments

• IMG_0429[1].jpg
    IMG_0429[1].jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0430[1].jpg
    IMG_0430[1].jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0431[1].jpg
    IMG_0431[1].jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 178
not bad for 300 bucks. I sold the sub for $350 and i still have $40 left for gas.:lol:

Back